Senior UX Researcher, Veterans Affairs (remote) at Ad Hoc (Philadelphia, PA)
This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to meet the needs of our users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government. We’re looking for people with an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to improve how the government serves people. If you thrive on change and can see the possibilities in ambiguity, then we want you here with us.
Work on things that matter
Working at Ad Hoc means putting your time and skills towards helping the government better serve the public. Our teams connect Veterans with services designed for their needs, help millions of people access affordable health care, and support important programs like Head Start. As we work with agencies to deliver critical services, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide team since the beginning. Being remote by design allows Ad Hoc to bring the best people onto our teams and give them the freedom to create a work environment that fits their lives. With a generous PTO policy and Slack channels for every interest (from bird watching to space nerds to home decor), our company culture acknowledges all the things happening in your life. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s welcomed.
What matters most
Ad Hoc values acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We leave our egos at the door to learn from our mistakes and improve the process for the next time. We’re a team that loves the challenge of government-size projects and loves to see our customers succeed. We build small, inclusive teams to bring the best of consumer technology to the problems of government.
What you’ll do as a Senior UX Researcher
As an Ad Hoc Senior UX Researcher, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team, working closely with stakeholders, product managers, and software engineers on a mix of generative and evaluative research studies. You’ll be planning, prioritizing, and conducting research from primary and secondary sources of information, organizing and analyzing this material, and preparing written and oral reports for the team. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and facilitating feedback sessions based on a product team’s questions and goals
- Prioritizing research projects based on team needs and goals, while balancing research team capacity
- Planning and facilitating collaboration between researchers, product team members, and stakeholders
- Influencing research strategy for your area of work
- Strategizing research participant outreach efforts
- Providing mentorship and guidance to newer or more junior researchers on the team
- Contributing to Ad Hoc research operations and practices
Some basic requirements
- As a government contractor, you may be required to obtain a public trust security clearance
- Some of our available roles are on federal contracts that require a degree or additional years of experience as a substitute
- Some federal contracts require U.S. citizenship to be eligible for employment
- Years of Experience: at least five (5) years of relevant experience
- Degree Requirement: Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Operations Research or related fields.
- Acceptable Substitution for Degree: Certifications in relevant UX software plus 3-5 years of relevant experience; or 5 to 7 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education
Ad Hoc is a great place to be. Our benefits package includes:
- Company-subsidized health, dental, life and vision insurance
- Use what you need vacation policy
- 401K with employer match
- Paid parental leave after one year
- $2,000 continuing education/annual conference attendance stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $96,777 - $130,591 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.