Senior UX Interaction Designer, Analytics at RingCentral
Want to change the way work…works? This is your moment.
RingCentral Glip integrates messaging with video to make conversation, collaboration and connection more meaningful than ever, no matter where or how people want to work.
The User Experience team is the engine that makes RingCentral go. From Engineering to UX/UI to CloudOps, this is the place where the biggest ideas in cloud communications are imagined, developed, and delivered. If there’s a better way to bring people together, RingCentral Innovation is finding it, iterating on it, and sharing it with the world.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Senior UX Interaction Designer, Analytics will work closely with one or more product teams to develop a point of view on our users, their challenges, and the product features we need to deliver in order to meet their needs. Then, knowing what we want to do, the Sr. Interaction Designer will design the interfaces we need to develop in order to deliver those features.
The successful candidate will have a deep portfolio of interaction design at all levels of fidelity from rough sketches to final spec documents, with a specific emphasis on the design and socialization of pattern libraries.
You work equally well with designers and engineers, understanding the symbiosis that exists between the two. You have a passion for design and innovation and understand that culture is the foundation of success in UX.
This is not an entry-level position. You must be able to work independently on multiple projects, engaging at all levels of the organization from individual contributors to executive staff.
As a Senior UX Interaction Designer, you will
- Work with Product teams to build a deep understanding of our analytics product family, and our various end user audiences
- Lead the design for our suite of Analytics Products and their features.
- Act as a key liaison with the global engineering teams responsible for the implementation of the designs.
- Promote a culture of empathy for the end user, as seen through the focus on jobs to be done by each type of user.
- Communicate your ideas to a broad audience
- Participate in customer interviews for usability test with our user research team
- Create unified user experience throughout the analytics products and align the user experience with other products
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university in a Computer Science, Interaction Design, and/or Visual Communication Design discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in digital product development such as apps, desktop, web, and/or digital ecosystems
- Experience with Analytics Reporting Products for B2B
- Experience with complex data representations and visualization
- Experience in cross-functional design and development teams
- Proficiency in key design applications, and the knowledge of when to use which tools
- Pen and paper, whiteboard and marker
- Prototyping tools and Visual design tools, including Sketch, Abstract, InVision, Adobe XD, Figma,
- Communication tools including Glip, Slack, and Google Sites
- M.S. in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Visual Communication design or a related field or equivalent degree.
- 7+ years of experience as UX practitioner (visual designer, interaction designer) on both consumer and enterprise applications
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Wellness programs including virtual yoga, bootcamp, and meditation classes
- Paid parental leave
- Milk Stork parental account
- New parent gift box
Say hello to the future of work. And the end of the resume black hole.
We didn’t create Glip specifically for hiring, but we might as well have. No more wondering if your resume was jettisoned into the vast emptiness of space. Sign up for Glip (it’s free, no downloads,) and discover how smooth, informative and great the hiring process can be. So start meeting on www.Glip.com — and we look forward to connecting soon.
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.