Senior UX Designer at Ease (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:48 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 7, 2022
Ease is the #1 rated benefits administration and HR software for businesses with 2–250 employees, powered by insurance brokers. 70,000+ employers trust Ease’s innovative SaaS service model to set up and manage benefits, onboard hires, stay compliant and offer their employees one destination for all their human resources information. Headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Las Vegas, and Omaha, Ease was recently ranked number 57 in Forbes 2020 list of the top 500 startup employers in America.
Ease is looking for a Senior UX designer who will work in close collaboration with the Product and Engineering teams to shape the user experience across all key customer journeys. Ease serves a diverse set of user personas: insurance brokers, HR administrators at small employers, employees, general agents, insurance carriers, third party administrators and others. You will have immense impact on the benefits administration experience across this diverse set of personas.
This is a ground floor opportunity to establish a world-class design function within a fast growing startup that has found market fit and now needs to scale rapidly while maintaining our founding ethos of “making benefits easy”. The ideal candidate will work in close collaboration with Product Managers and development teams in shaping all aspects of Ease’s user experience. This includes sketching, user research, prototyping, user testing, and final interface design. Prior experience designing responsive web applications is critical, as well as working in an agile and highly iterative environment. Concepts will be tested, challenged, and refined to reach final designs, with input from several stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong portfolio of UX design including user research, sketches/wireframes, visual designs, prototypes, and usability testing.
- Working closely with product managers, mature our problem discovery and user research process.
- Gather business objectives and project requirements from stakeholders.
- Utilize quantitative and qualitative data as well as user research to make informed decisions then responding to experiments and adjusting designs in an interactive fashion.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to create wireframes, sketches, prototypes, and visual designs.
- Create intuitive interfaces that demonstrate a strong understanding of use cases and user journeys.
- Partner with technical writers to ensure clear communication throughout the user journeys including instructions, error messaging and process wizard flows.
- Initiate and lead projects to improve the user-experience on desktop and mobile devices.
- Produce concepts, sketches, prototypes, high-fidelity designs, and other design assets and effectively communicate these ideas to a range of stakeholders and audiences.
- Oversee and Approve development team implementation of approved designs.
- BA/BS Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3-7 years of experience designing user experiences for the web ( desktop and mobile)
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating design thinking/process (problem/solution, before/after, research, sitemaps, user-flows, wireframes, prototypes, visual concepts, style guides)
- Proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as InVision, Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, etc.
- Passion for data driven product and design decisions with the ability to give and receive feedback constructively
- Effective communication, problem solving, presentation and adaptability teamwork skills
- Knowledge of UX best practices for applications and cross-platform devices
- The ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines with attention to detail while maintaining high standards of quality
- Experience in benefits administration (or related field such as HRIS or Payroll)
- Project Management experience
Must have proof of legal authority to work in the U.S.
Ease is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
More Information on Ease
Ease operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in San Friancisco, CA. Ease was founded in 2015. It has 208 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 8 open jobs at Ease, click here.
Read Full Job Description