Founded in 2014, LearnPlatform is the edtech effectiveness system that equips K-12 districts to organize, streamline and analyze their education technology to ensure it is safe, equitable and cost-effective.
The mission of LearnPlatform is to expand equitable access to all students to the teaching and technology that works best for them.
About the role:
This is a unique user experience role. LearnPlatform is building the largest and most useful evidence base across the K-12 Industry, so educators, edtech providers, policymakers and investors can use the data to make decisions about teaching and learning that works for all students. And you will help to design the experience that facilitates interaction within and across organizations and helps them achieve their goals.
The Sr. UX Designer is a critical position on the LearnPlatform Product team to ensure the consistent delivery of high-quality products in alignment with our roadmap, strategy, company goals, and mission. The position offers an incredible growth opportunity for a motivated, creative, and organized individual who wants to have an immediate impact on a growth-stage company serving the education technology space. The UX Designer position offers a path to expand your skills and experience while working with a team that is committed to having a positive impact on education. If this role sounds appealing, we would love to hear from you!
- Working closely with the product and engineering teams to design amazing customer experiences based on user and implementation feedback.
- Managing significant and complex design projects from start to finish.
- Partners across teams at every stage to deliver the highest level of quality.
- Translating product and user requirements into storyboards, process flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Maintaining consistent visual standards and keeping the living style guide and Design System up to date.
- Reviewing features implemented by engineering and providing guidance to ensure pixel-perfect experiences.
- Designing, conducting, coordinating and analyzing usability interviews to gather feedback and insights into customer needs.
- Communicating design iterations with internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Mentoring other designers through design reviews and proactively providing feedback and answering questions.
- Using data and analytics to identify needs and measure impact of designs.
- Continue to build and maintain the Design System
- Finding opportunities to elevate the team by introducing new tools, processes and insights.
- At least 6 years of experience in user experience at a high-growth SaaS company, edtech preferred
- Proven experience to show you are the designer everyone turns to when really hard questions need to be answered
- Have owned the introduction of new tools, processes and insights
- Customer obsessed, self motivated, exceptionally detail-oriented
- Love seeing your work ship, quickly. Get it done attitude and background of developing multiple options, not tied to designs, responsive to iterative feedback..
- Experience with agile methodologies and practices used to organize work and the team to deliver quick increments of value.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment with interdisciplinary teams
- Online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides)
- Expert knowledge of Figma
- Nice to have experience with JIRA, Miro, Aha!, Pendo
As a member of our growing team, employees receive:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidized healthcare (medical, dental, vision, and more)
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible PTO plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Student Loan Repayment program
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Activity/Wellness Reimbursement
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Spacious office with all the amenities in Raleigh’s South Glenwood neighborhood for Raleigh-based candidates