Senior UX Designer at Rebellion Defense
Rebellion Defense builds mission-focused AI products for the defense and security of the United States, the United Kingdom, and our allies. We are a well capitalized, venture-backed technology company that creates software which transforms data into decision advantage.
Our people are passionate about creating a company where technologists empower our military and civil servants to solve some of the hardest problems in government. Rebellion Defense is driven by our mission — but a set of core values binds us together: we hire by them, operate through them, and uphold them in every decision we make for ourselves and for our customers.
Senior User Experience Designer, Washington, D.C., Seattle, WA or Remote
Your Rebel Team:
Our Product Team focuses on how Rebellion designs and delivers the best products for our customers. We work every day with all parts of the company and end-users, to scope improvements, drive adoption, and understand how our products are being used. Our product team is made up of both product and design experts. This role reports to the Product & Design Lead.
How you’ll make a difference in this role:
We are looking to hire a Senior User Experience Designer to join us in building amazing products that provide Rebellion’s users frictionless access to mission capabilities. The Senior User Experience Design role will be based out of our Seattle or Washington, D.C. office and will work on Rebellion’s Comprehensive Battle Space Awareness. As a designer with Rebellion, you will transform the way intelligence analysts create patterns of life models, stop the spread of disinformation, and track adversary targets. A job well done means the analysts across the Department of Defense and Ministry of Defence will always have the information they need at their fingertips; they will be freed from manual processes and able to focus on decision-making and achieving mission goals.
This position is best filled by a generalist - we are looking for someone who leverages user research and service design principles to drive the design of an end-to-end experience from ideation through production. Expect to drive and coordinate the design process of your products and gain consensus across Rebellion’s internal stakeholders (Product Management, Engineering, Design, Customer Success, etc).
What your mission is:
- Drive storytelling process to enhance the design process with a deep understanding of human centered design methodologies.
- Implement and manage the end-to-end design process for an entire product and/or feature, from ideation and storyboarding to interaction design and light visual design.
- Prioritize high-impact design features and effectively create buy-in amongst internal stakeholders.
- Adjust and change quickly if needed, due to a shift in direction or new user insights.
You may be fit for this role if your expertise aligns to:
- Care deeply about empowering users.
- Want to be part of an incredibly kind, passionate and capable team of engineers, designers and product managers who are motivated by mission-oriented work.
- Are excited to help establish the design culture and practices of the company.
- Eager to learn about capabilities and struggles of the defense and national security industry.
- Believe that exposing and adapting the design process for multi-disciplinary collaboration leads to better products and experiences.
The Nature of our Work:
We are driving fast change to an extremely regulated industry. Many of the national security programs that are supported by Rebellion’s products operate in secure environments and access to those spaces and the data in them may require an active personnel security clearance. It is a requirement of this position that you are able to obtain and hold a personnel security clearance at the right level.
Our commitment to candidate experience:
- We are a team of advocates for our candidates while building a fair and equitable process.
- Our team empowers our candidates, business partners, and each other through transparency, honesty, and empathy.
- We are committed to hiring a unique and diverse team with the shared vision that Rebellion is the go-to AI suite for national defense and security.
Our Interview Process:
- To start, you’ll have an initial 30 minute conversation with one of our amazing recruiters to learn more about you and your career goals.
- Next, you’ll dive deeper into your background and expertise with the Hiring Manager for 30-45 minutes
- Lastly, you will have the opportunity to meet with members across our team for competency focused interviews covering both technical aspects of the role and our company culture.
What we offer you:
- An opportunity to be a part of something bigger; a mission with real impact
- A chance to be a part of a people-first team
- Robust career growth and advancement opportunities
- A comprehensive range of benefits that are fair, equitable, and competitive that include the following:
- Company-paid, full coverage, inclusive health care (Medical, Dental Vision) for you and your family.
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Annual Vacation Bonus
- Generous Parental Leave
- Stock option grants
- Retirement & Savings Plan with company match
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Rebellion Defense is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Rebellion Defense does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with federal, state, and local law.