Senior UX Designer - (Netherlands Remote) at Turnitin
When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.Job Description
The Senior UX Designer role focuses on user-centered design efforts and the communication efforts in relation to user problems and solutioning.
This person is responsible for understanding the customer journey, identifying pain points, and designing intuitive solutions to address them.
This role will work closely with other UX designers, researcher, product manager and the development team to iteratively design and deliver a differentiating end-to-end user experience.
The Senior UX Designer is engaged during the entire product lifecycle, from discovery/ideation and research, through implementation, as well as the continuous improvement of the product.
This position is on the ExamSoft product team and reports to the Senior Manager of User Experience.
Own and contribute during discovery, planning, design, development, testing, implementation and the continuous improvement of your product
Design user-focused experiences with intuitive interactions and visuals
Help to establish, document, and evangelize UX best practices, governance, and processes
Drive design decisions in collaboration with peers and product managers, and communicate compelling reasons behind design decisions.
Understand and empathize with your customer segment and advocate for UX best practices and research
Iterate on designs based on UX review feedbacks and developmental constraints
Leverage low-fidelity methods to rapidly iterate on wireframes and prototypes
Be able to interpret and implement user research results
Mentor and provide counseling and direction to junior UX Designers
Other UX duties as assigned by management
What You’ll be Doing:
- Collaborate closely with engineering to help build great user experiences.
- Learn from and partner with other Turnitin designers, researchers, and teaching staff.
- Actively define and scope new features across the ExamSoft product.
- Build out design flows, prototypes, sketches, written documentation, and high-fidelity visuals to aid in communication with engineers and other stakeholders.
- Improve your team’s work by receiving and giving feedback with other designers and teammates.
- Ultimately, you’ll be focused on what you do best and have many opportunities to grow in new directions.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in UX/product design
- Present portfolio of past work
- Expert knowledge and use of complex prototyping tool to solve complex UX problems (Figma, Sketch, Zeplin)
- Understanding of interface design processes and frameworks
- Contribute to our user testing methodologies and practices
- Ability to effectively solve analyze and solve problems across ExamSoft products architecture
- Influence at the highest levels of the company
- Negotiate and communicate design proposals and product specifications and share user experience data.
- Collaborate with peers and product team and provide/receive feedback
Additional desired skills:
- Experience building design systems
- Experience in Edtech or Education
- Proficient in all fundamentals of the web (SASS/CSS3 and HTML5), mobile and desktop technologies
- Excellent time management skills
- Conceptual thinking skills
Please include these in your application:
- A link to your portfolio showing how you design for user needs and iterate on those ideas based on user feedback, engineering constraints, and stakeholder desires.
- Your Resume or LinkedIn profile.
- A couple thoughts about why ExamSoft is interesting to you.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.