Senior UX Designer I at Verisk (Provo, UT)
Xactware, a Verisk business, specializes in technologies for the property insurance, remodeling, restoration, and mortgage and lending industries. Xactware’s tools provide claims estimating, contents replacement, claims management, and property maintenance solutions for desktop, mobile, and online platforms. Xactware’s services include repair cost research and reports, aerial imagery, and real-time business intelligence. Xactware has been providing cloud services for customers since 1995. To learn more about Xactware please visit us at: Xactware.com. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
- Own the UX process, working closely with the VP of Product and other product owners, to strategically address current and future design needs.
- Improve the division’s design system, building upon existing design components and style guides, while improving the overall style and uniformity of products.
- Build low to high fidelity designs, based on product needs and in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create diagrams, graphics, or illustrations used in presentations with marketing, sales, and division leadership.
- Lead the UX design discipline continually improving UX capabilities, tools, process, and best practices.
- Conduct regular design reviews, effectively communicating workflows while remaining open to potential design revisions and inspiration for future changes.
- Design and produce as a full-stack senior designer, leading future design professionals in excellence.
- Complete all responsibilities as outlined, as well as other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Formal UX or Graphic Design training with strong experience and a portfolio demonstrating past projects.
- Proficiency with software used in the field of UX (e.g., Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
- Full-stack design competency from low to high fidelity designs (i.e., sketching, concept creation and wire framing, producing sitemaps and user flows, creating detailed prototypes).
- Communicate confidently and effectively with all internal and external stake holders, building collaboration and trust while yielding value and results.
- Ability to strengthen and maintain the division’s design system, creating uniformity across all products through strong design components and detailed style guides.
- Create diagrams, graphics, or illustrations used in presentations or in collaboration with marketing and sales.
- Lead the ongoing development of UX including research, scenarios, wireframes, and usability testing.
- Effectively manage multiple projects in partnership with product leadership.
- Lead and manage usability testing while analyzing results and implementing necessary design changes.
- Demonstrate time and priority management while executing against assigned deadlines.
- Convey inherent curiosity, empathy for end users, and a passion for UX that delights stakeholders.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.