Senior UX Designer (Admin Compliance) at Skillsoft (Remote)
At Skillsoft, we propel organizations and people to grow together through transformative learning experiences. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. Join us in our quest to transform learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
As a Senior UX Designer for Skillsoft, you will be responsible for creating intuitive, user-friendly interfaces for our Compliance and other learning platforms. The ideal candidate will have 6+ years of experience as an individual contributor with a strong background in interaction design, visual design, and complex workflows. This role is a leader within the UX organization who takes ownership of large, ambiguous projects and is accountable for design quality of our products and our team processes.
This is a remote, US-based role (Eastern Time Zone).
- Collaborate closely with global cross-functional teams including product managers, engineers, researchers, and designers to define and design product features that meet business and user needs.
- Manage design projects from concept to implementation, ensuring high-quality deliverables and timely completion.
- Create wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, and detailed interaction design specifications.
- Partner with UX research throughout the design and development process to run research studies and experiments, analyze findings, and iterate designs accordingly.
- Effectively communicate design concepts and solutions to stakeholders and team members through presentations, documentation, and other mediums, documenting all work throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Ensure that designs comply with industry standards and regulations, including accessibility and data privacy requirements.
- Develop and maintain design standards, patterns, and guidelines that can be shared across the organization.
- Accountable for design quality and cohesion across product areas.
- Help fellow designers advocate for best practices and solutions with their teams, providing a strong voice for design within product development.
- Regularly evaluate existing processes, design documentation and tooling and make recommendations to design management when something can be improved.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or related field
- Strong hands-on design background and passion for creating beautiful products that work well and deliver value to customers
- 6+ years of experience, preferably in the enterprise space, with a particular emphasis on products that feature a lot of interaction
- Proven ability to synthesize, simplify and unify complex information into easy-to-use, efficient user experiences
- Deep understanding of information architecture, multi-step, and cross-platform flows
- Strong understanding of layout, typography, and visual hierarchy
- Proficient in a broad set of design tools used to solve and communicate user flows, interaction and motion depending on scope and phase of the project (including sketching, diagramming, and interface design tools such as Figma and Miro)
- Highly detail-oriented and a self-starter, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Expert verbal and written communication skills, whether in one-on-one or group situations; advanced interpersonal, collaboration, and negotiation skills; able to communicate complex ideas, goals and problems in a way that is accessible even to those unfamiliar with a project
- Advanced project management skills including planning and prioritization, communication, and risk management
- Experience working with developers within an Agile software development environment
- Comfort with ambiguity, complexity, and passion for challenges
- Knowledge of/experience with HTML, CSS, and JS a plus
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Portfolio required
Target base salary range for this job requisition is anticipated to be $104,800 to $157,200 annualized.
We also offer participation in the Company Bonus Program and full benefits. The company may modify salaries, salary ranges and/or Pay Plans from time to time as it deems necessary.
As a federal contractor, Skillsoft requires all team members working in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Additionally, any Skillsoft team member traveling to the United States for business will also need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft is partner to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft (US) Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.