Senior UX Content Designer at Checkr
We believe everyone deserves a fair chance to work and are devoted to bringing more fairness and transparency to the hiring process. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is seeking a Senior UX Content Designer to join our Product Design team. You’ll partner with designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to build critical software that has a big impact on people’s lives. From conception to release, you’ll create impactful and clear narratives and storytelling throughout the product suite. Millions of people use our products every day, and the words we use throughout our user journeys have a huge influence on usability and decision making. You’ll also create educational content throughout the product to demystify the background check process and encourage fair hiring. We’re looking for people who are passionate about expanding opportunities for employment. Job level will be determined by experience.
Learn more about our team at design.checkr.com.
- Work collaboratively with Product Designers to pair on projects where you’ll own the content strategy and UX writing, and other areas where you’ll advise and provide guidance in a less intensive capacity
- Create educational content for our product that explains background checks and encourages more fair chance hiring
- Partner with our Legal team to ensure that we communicate complex concepts in clear, simple, and actionable language
- Identify high-impact opportunities where content can play a larger role in meeting our customer’s most important goals
- Involvement in the full product development process, from early research and concepts to final mocks and launch
- Conduct research to understand user needs and inform content solutions
- Further incorporate our brand voice into our product suite
- Interest in influencing employment opportunities for people with criminal histories
- Experience building clear, effective content to accomplish user and business goals
- A strong portfolio of relevant work with products that have shipped
- You have a deep understanding of best practices and contemporary content strategy
- You are a passionate champion for the user but also know how to mesh business considerations into your design & content goals
- Experience with data-informed design
- You are able to synthesize insights across customers to inform overall strategy
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
*The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $111,350 - $131,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.