Senior User Experience Researcher at Glu Mobile (acquired by Electronic Arts in April 2021)
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:36 p.m. (CST) on Friday, October 8, 2021
Glu Mobile, a subsidiary of Electronic Arts (EA); a leading developer of high-fidelity, free-to-play mobile games, is seeking a [Senior Researcher] that is passionate about gaming, player audiences and interior design to join Glu Research as a semi-embedded member of the Crowdstar Studio.
The CrowdStar studio is a global leader in mobile and social gaming; developing interactive entertainment products aimed to engage, enrich and empower women. With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we are also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women, but also enriching lives.
For this role, you will be a semi-embedded researcher and have a working understanding of a range of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. You enjoy collaboration and working as a semi-embedded researcher that partners with a multidisciplinary team consisting of studio leads, product managers, marketing, designers, engineers, and fellow researchers. You are able to translate business questions, develop and execute against a research strategy and deliver actionable insights that improve the play experience, deepen audience understanding and inform the product roadmap. You are a self starter and are able to identify gaps in our research process and can develop protocols and practices to improve the team and our craft. You enjoy mobile gaming and believe a great player experience is inspired by a deep understanding of our audience.
What you will do:
- Partner with Studio leads to identify business questions/problems and develop research roadmaps that are aligned with strategic objectives
- Proactively identify gaps or areas of opportunity in our player understanding. Elevate research questions to be applicable across the studio or impact strategy
- Drive research briefs and research plans that align with the research questions and goals
- Lead the full research project lifecycle from study design, execution, analysis, to reporting with autonomy
- Expertly lead a variety of qualitative and quantitative research techniques internally (heuristic evaluations, competitor analysis, market studies, playtests, diary studies, segmentation, survey) and externally (vendors) that tap into current and prospective audiences.
- Deliver synthesized, timely and tangible recommendations that facilitate stakeholder understanding and integrate insights into the marketing and product roadmaps across the studio.
- Liaise with various Glu and EA departments, such as legal, customer service, user acquisition, and analytics for the purpose of research
- Play the games in development regularly and contribute to design discussions and feedback sessions
- Identify and define opportunities to improve the current research practice
- Investigate and report on new methodologies to optimize research operations with the larger team
- Mentors other researchers, guiding efforts and providing coaching.
- 4+ years experience (or equivalent) leading consumer research and/or marketing research in fashion, design, gaming or mobile app spaces
- BA, BS, MS, MBA, MFA or PhD in Computer Science, HCI, Human Factors, Design, Social Science or related fields
- Expert understanding of qualitative research techniques with some experience with mixed methods and/or vendor management
- Interest in exploring cutting edge methodologies or applying research methods from other fields to gaming or other entertainment sectors
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to visualize data in unique ways, present evidence and make recommendations to development teams (i.e. PowerPoint, Keynote or other infographic tool)
At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more!
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Read Full Job Description