Senior User Experience Researcher at Addepar
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
The Design team at Addepar shapes wealth managers’ digital experiences. By designing and delivering intuitive, easy-to-use products, we help wealth managers grow their businesses and provide best-in-class services to their clients. We take an agile, high-growth mindset and foster a client-centered work environment with a focus on constructive feedback and collaboration.
Wealth management is undergoing a technological transformation. Financial advisors need a better way to scale their businesses while meeting their clients’ financial needs. We’re looking for highly-qualified people who enjoy simplifying complexity and challenging the status quo to meet our goal of providing the best user experience in the industry.
We’re looking for a talented User Experience Researcher to establish a research practice based on client centricity and operational agility. As the first dedicated research professional on the design team, you will establish user research best practices and operations, while partnering with R&D leads on strategic research projects that contribute to the innovation of the Addepar platform.
What You’ll Do
- Create a centralized user research repository.
- Identify and roll out research software and tooling.
- Establish best practices around conducting research within an agile environment.
- Partner with R&D teams to identify research opportunities and approaches.
- Conduct and guide studies using methods such as diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing, A/B testing, and quantitative analytics.
- Provide deep insight and actionable recommendations to improve the user experience of our offering.
- Find creative and compelling ways to generate and share results and recommendations throughout the company.
- Influence product strategy, working closely with product managers, engineers, our go-to-market teams, and subject-matter experts to determine product direction.
- Support facilitation of strategic workshops with diverse audiences that deeply drive understanding of user needs, strategy, and priorities.
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years of experience in product organizations as a research professional.
- You have a degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Design, or other UX-equivalent research experience.
- You exhibit leadership qualities and are a strong communicator; you are able to educate a larger organization about the value, need, and process around user research with ease.
- You find the fastest path to gain traction and begin executing on an idea.
- Strong ability to create whatever assets are needed quickly.
- Experience using Usertesting.com, DoveTail, Typeform, or comparable user research tools.
- You have experience and comfort in working cross-functionally. We often engage many subject matter experts, advisors, and other stakeholders in our research process.
- You ask hard questions and challenge assumptions to ensure that we’re solving the right problems.
- You thrive in a high-growth environment.
- You are kind, collaborative, and empathetic towards users and team members.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.