What We Do
Florence (florencehc.com) software reduces the time it takes to deliver medical cures to those who need them. Our industry-leading software is used to streamline clinical trials at over 8,500 research sites, sponsors, and CROs across 35 countries.
Florence was recognized as the Biggest Impact Company and a Top 10 Innovative Company in Georgia by the Technology Association of Georgia in 2021,
Florence is growing rapidly! Central to that growth is investment in our Product Design (UX) talent. Advance your career in an exciting startup environment with work that is challenging and rewarding!
Reporting to the Director of Product Design, you will lead design for critical features of our flagship software. As a Senior team member you will partner with the Director to define and grow our design practice, and provide mentoring and oversight to the team.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Serve as primary Designer for multiple high-profile projects, delivering designs optimized for usability and consistency
- As a generalist, apply a range of skills, from user research to information architecture to interaction design
- Strike a balance of improving existing designs while innovating for the future
- Juggle competing priorities and optimize efficiency and quality of deliverables
- Partner closely with PM and Dev throughout the design process
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to deliver holistic solutions
- Take an active role in defining and implementing our design processes, methods, and tools including our Design System
- Provide mentoring and oversight to our team
- Drive to deliver measurable improvements through Design
- Partner with leadership on defining and growing the design team and discipline
- Serve as a Design thought leader and advocate
What You Bring
- 5+ years of industry experience relevant to the role responsibilities
- A portfolio of relevant work
- Strong command of UI patterns and best practices for SaaS apps
- Strong written and verbal skills with a focus on communicating design rationale and decisions
- Experience working closely with dev teams and creating detailed specifications
- Applied experience with B2B/enterprise apps or complex product solutions
- Broad toolkit of methods and skills and 2 areas of deep expertise
Note: This is not a UI developer role, however familiarity with modern UI technologies and best practices is important.
Experience That Will Set You Apart
- Leading projects and/or teams
- Designing for diverse and global user populations
- Applied user research such as usability testing
- Creating, managing, and applying Design Systems
- Knowledge of Accessibility standards in UI design such as Section 508
- Responsive and mobile UI design
- A degree in a related field such as HCI, Graphic Design, or Industrial Design
What’s in it for you?
- Do good: We insist that health technology is the highest calling for software development. We pride ourselves on working on something bigger than ourselves; helping save lives.
- Work with the best: The Florence team is comprised of document management, clinical trials, and software security experts as well as doctors and Ironman triathletes. Get on board, learn from and work with the best.
- Make the leap: Join our high-output culture to create innovative, modern, and purposeful software solutions.
- Do well: We offer a competitive compensation package (including monthly bonuses based on performance), medical and dental insurance, 401(k) and office space in the heart of the city.
Florence Healthcare supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical disability, or any other protected class.
*For Colorado applicants, please email.[email protected] for salary details.