Ontra is a remote-first company, with access to coworking spaces and offices in a few key cities for employees who may prefer in-person working options. We value connection, investing in opportunities for in-person and virtual gatherings with your Ontra colleagues.
We currently are able to hire exclusively in the locations listed below. Select jobs may have more specific location requirements due to business needs.
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington
Hong Kong, Singapore
For this job we are currently only hiring candidates based in the United States.
About the opportunity
Ontra is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer reporting to our Senior Director of User Experience.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead core initiatives to create intuitive, and easy to use experiences for Ontra's clients and legal partners at scale. You will not only build new product features but leverage user insights to drive a seamless user experience across our suite of software solutions. A keen sense of urgency and a user-centric mindset are critical to the success of this role.
If you are driven by solving complex problems from ideation to execution, we'd love to get to know you!
What you'll do
- Ownership: owns core initiatives collaborating with other senior team members and above
- Discovery: Use research and data to inform feature development, including: leading discovery calls, designing surveys, analyzing feedback, and using qualitative and quantitative data to inform design decisions
- Design: Design simple and efficient mockups and prototypes using our design system to help communicate ideas and inform development decisions
- Initiate: Take the lead on validating design ideas, advocating for usability improvements, and facilitating design activities
- Unify: Ensure all features have a unified look and feel to create a sense of a unified platform
- Mentorship: contributes to teams' shared knowledge of UX best practices. Shares feedback to designers on teammates' designs in a constructive and supportive way. Mentors junior and mid-level designers and coaches them on hard and soft skills.
What you'll bring
- Design Experience: 5+ progressively responsible years experience in user experience and product design, including user discovery, design prototypes and data tools (e.g. Figma and Pendo)
- Proven Success Record: a high-level performer with a record of delivering successful projects with various teams
- Influence: influences decisions effectively communicating across the business
- Collaboration : Collaborates and engages the entire development team (Product, Engineers, QA) to understand the problems being solved, and include them in the ideation process.
- Systematic Approach: Design systematically (with best practices in mind)
- Big Picture Thinking: Thinks about how features interact with the product as a whole and how it fits into the larger suite of products
Ontra is the global leader in Contract Automation and Intelligence for private asset management firms. The Ontra platform combines AI-enabled software with a worldwide network of highly trained lawyers to modernize recurring legal workflows. Ontra's solutions improve all aspects of the contract lifecycle - from negotiating and processing routine contracts to tracking obligations in complex agreements. Ultimately, Ontra reduces the time, expense, and risk associated with contract management, freeing its customers to focus on other strategic priorities.
- Opportunity to participate in Ontra's unit-based compensation program
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance base plans at no additional cost
- Employer-sponsored retirement plans
- Monthly phone and internet reimbursement (equivalent of $100 USD)
- Annual professional development reimbursement (equivalent of $2K USD)
- 4 months (16 weeks) of parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off
- Twice-weekly lunch perk
Ontra is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Ontra will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected].
Ontra publishes salary ranges on our salary board here: https://bit.ly/3UjAOE3 , which currently includes estimated annual cash salary ranges for candidates based in Colorado and New York City, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Ontra leverages current market data to determine compensation, so posted figures are subject to change as new market data becomes available.
Ontra factors in your location when benchmarking compensation for most roles. If you are not located in Colorado or New York City and have been selected to participate in our interview process, we encourage you to speak with your recruiter about compensation for the role during an initial conversation.
In addition to cash salary, the total compensation package Ontra offers includes unit-based compensation (if applicable). Certain roles in our sales and account management departments may also be eligible to receive variable compensation or commission.
Personnel Privacy Notice: https://bit.ly/46lVT74
Note on Employment Verification: All employees hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in their particular location.
Note to External Agencies: We are not accepting any blind submissions or resumes/CVs from recruitment agencies. Any candidates sent to Ontra will NOT be accepted or considered as a submission without a signed agreement in place.