Senior UI/Visual Designer at CapTech (Remote)
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.Job Description
CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks a Senior Visual Designer with a track record of creating sophisticated web, mobile, and digital interfaces to join our ever-growing team.
This could be the right opportunity for you if:
- You are a creative and critical thinker able to translate client goals and needs into innovative concepts and highly usable interface designs, regardless of platform.
- You have an advanced understanding of interaction design and fundamental graphic design principles.
- You stay up-to-date with the design trends and constantly evolve and expand your design skills.
- While following the design language of client brands, you also drive expansion and codify in style guides or design systems, sometimes getting to redefine the client brand identity itself.
- You are a self-starter, yet able to take feedback from clients and direction from Art Directors and Creative Directors, all while collaborating closely with project teams.
- You have pixel-level attention to detail and ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest quality standards is essential.
- You are unafraid of complex design challenges.
- You have the drive to push beyond “good enough” when delivering excellent work.
Responsibilities may include:
- Contributing to CX design processes, methodologies, capabilities, and approaches, including design tools, best practices, and key deliverables
- Participating in project teams and taking part in successful, on schedule deliverables
- Creating project deliverables with feedback and guidance in a timely fashion
- Taking part in presenting and articulating creative solutions to internal teams and clients
- Being a part of internal initiatives that improve CX or CapTech processes and operation
- Designing according to WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) standards and other accessibility best practices
- Incorporating accessibility requirements into design documents and specifications
- Solid portfolio, showcasing excellent web, mobile and digital interface design for projects for which you served as the lead designerPassion for designing clean, elegant, and highly usable interfaces that engage and motivate people
- Advanced proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), and PowerPoint (for presentations)
- Evolving knowledge of additional design tools (prototyping, animation, 3D modeling, etc.)
- Advanced design sensibility and fluency with typography, color, and layout, especially how all three work in a responsive context
- Proven ability to communicate concepts and solutions clearly and to present them using sketches, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups
- Proactively seeks to expand knowledge of graphic and interaction design. Attends CX meetings, trainings, and engages in professional development and industry involvement
- Possesses excellent working knowledge of CX design processes, tools and techniques and proactive about learning and absorbing knowledge from directors, team members, literature, and training sessions
- Flexibility when working through design revisions, from initial brainstorming to execution and refinement
- Ability to quickly experiment and iterate on interface and interaction concepts
- Demonstrates an expert understanding of fundamental technical considerations related to delivering development-ready digital assets
- Robust organization skills for collaborative work
- 3-5+ years of professional experience
- 4-year+ degree, B.A. in Graphic Design, preferred
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in a consulting or digital agency context
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Experience creating wireframes/prototypes strongly preferred
- Experience prototyping designs using InVision or similar
- Experience with Zeplin or Avocode
- Experience with photo editing/retouching
- Experience designing for print
- Video editing, motion design, and designing for AR/VR are a plus
- Mobile experience is a plus
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered.Additional Information
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
- CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
- Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
- Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
- Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
- Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
- Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
- Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
- 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. As part of this commitment, CapTech will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Laura Massa at [email protected]. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.