As the Sr. Technical Designer, you’ll be responsible for owning all women's garment components including fit, construction, stitch and trim into fit comments and tech packs. You will support our PD and Design team and fully understand all measurement and fit details accurately to execute premium medical apparel products to end consumer. You’ll report to our Senior Director of Technical Design overseeing apparel design. The Sr. Technical Designer will also be responsible for developing and implementing best practices and improved processes to help streamline and optimize fitting processes. Our ideal candidate is clear with processes, a serial problem solver and all-star communicator. They have an entrepreneurial spirit, creative mindset, and are passionate about our product. They are highly organized and detail-oriented and can adapt and stay flexible and optimistic. Sound like you? Please Apply and join our team of Awesome Humans!
- Accurately measure garments to identify any fit issues with lines
- Own the process of building out our Plus size lines
- Update specs and construction call-outs in tech packs
- Compile information on all garment components including fit, construction, stitch, and trim into fit document to send to vendors
- Review and approve all protos and pp’s, to ensure all specs and construction are accurate
- Attend and lead weekly fittings and assist in fittings to communicate revisions to factories
- Coordinate and organize fit samples for live model fittings, take notes during all fittings
- Mentor and develop junior designers
- 8+ years of experience as a Technical Designer at an apparel company, ideally a DTC company or e-commerce brand
- 3+ years working on plus size lines
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Fashion Design or Technical Design
- Strong understanding and extensive knowledge of all fabric types and garment construction with garment measurement experience and basic pattern skills
- Must have cut and sew woven and knit experience
- Must have technical experience with multiple product categories with strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication
- Ability to sketch with Adobe Illustrator and basic skills with Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional eye to identify fit issues and recommend solutions while mindful of bulk production and costing
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and a strong attention to detail
- Must have a can-do attitude and strong work ethic
- Experience in PLM (Centric) or pattern making a plus
- Experience with plus-sized lines a plus
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.