Senior Sound Designer at Candy (New York City, NY)
Candy’s mission is to deepen our connection to experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We understand that connection because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and serious collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur.
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for a talented Sound Designer / Engineer to join our Creative team. This person will be responsible for sourcing, creating and designing sound effects / sound scapes. We’re looking for someone who has great creativity and imagination, coupled with excellent technical skills. On top of this, we’ll require sound engineering and editing to help raise our digital world to a premium level.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on challenges in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box but collaborate outside the box.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Partner closely with the Product, Creative, Design, Engineering, and leadership teams to lead the audio development at CANDY
- Create and maintain aesthetic, technical, performance, and quality standards and guidelines for audio for each shipped product at CANDY
- Work together with engineers and designers on each project
- Be original in sound design and engineering to better the sense of virtual presence and increase consumer interaction
- Stay informed with the ever-changing cutting edge technologies and best practices of the industry
- Build and preserve best practices for audio in each product at CANDY
- Focus on quality of audio throughout the project’s lifetime and the team as a whole
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have 6+ years of professional sound design, specifically experience with implementation focused on cutting edge, high-quality games or other AAA interactive experiences
- You have history of innovation and creative leadership on large scale, intricate audio productions
- You have background in working with spatialized audio, especially in an interactive environment
- You have experience working directly in game engines and with audio middleware (Wwise, FMOD, etc.)
- You have history of working with version control systems on large teams (Perforce, Git, etc.)
- You have proven expertise in both studio and location recording, editing, mixing, and mastering
- You proven expertise in progressive implementation and scripting in an interactive environment
- You have strong communication skills and ability to understand and pass on product needs to the team
- You have stability to receive and provide feedback
- You have strong understanding of best practices specifically within broadcast and delivery standards and specifications
- You have experience in an agile environment
- You have AR/VR experience
- You have proven experience working with spatialized audio in a VR environment (also surround, Atmos, etc.)
- You have history of working in Unity
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most talented, fun, supportive, and innovative leaders and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the best things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our connection through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners.We will strive to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence.We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We push past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.