Senior Project Interior Designer | #ML00045 at Cuningham (Phoenix, AZ)
| Phoenix – Mesa – Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:50 p.m. (CST) on Monday, July 11, 2022
The Live Studio at Cuningham is looking to add a Senior Project Interior Designer to lead interiors within the studio. This is a great opportunity to work with owners, developers, and contractors who trust us to explore innovative design solutions that address their unique design challenges. This is a job opportunity that is truly about forging lasting relationships and continued collaboration with clients and teams who appreciate imaginative work and a commitment to great design.
This role requires a high level of creative, innovative ideas, problem-solving, and three-dimensional thinking. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading interior design efforts on multiple projects including collaborating on design with a multi-disciplinary team, preparing presentations, selecting and specifying materials and FF&E, creating construction documents, coordinating with consultants and contractors, developing graphics, and communicating with clients. This role will also be responsible for driving design thinking for the studio and overseeing/mentoring junior designers.
What you will do
- Lead the design process at the highest level on large/complex projects, through all phases, including programming, design development, documentation, and construction administration.
- Thrive in a fast-paced team environment.
- Integrate sustainable design approaches and emerging practices related to regenerative design into design solutions.
- Engage with industry leading design innovation both inwardly and outwardly to the markets at large.
- Mentor junior staff to meet design, documentation, and regenerative goals.
- Create, manage and present design presentations consistent with the Cuningham brand.
- Research, select, and specify furnishings, fixtures, equipment, finishes and lighting that meet both client and company-based design and performance goals.
- Communicate design intent for custom design features and coordinate from early ideation through sampling/mock-ups and final install.
- Utilize Revit to prepare construction documents including technical plans, finish plans, elevations, and details.
- Coordinate specifications and demonstrate a complete understanding of a drawing set and project deliverables.
- Establish relationships with clients, user groups, consultants and contractors and coordinate work requests as appropriate.
- Engage with studio and firm leadership in regard to staffing as well as proposal coordination and fee development.
- Able to travel periodically for local and regional projects.
- Collaborate with team members in multiple office locations.
What we look for
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design. NCIDQ certified and/or certification/registration in one state is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience working in an Architecture/Interior Design firm.
- The ability to craft a story and carry the story through the design process through visual presentation and documentation and detailing
- 5-7 years working on multi-family and/or senior living large scale projects. Experience with hospitality project types a plus.
- A team player who has successfully managed a small team of designers.
- Fast idea generator who embraces change.
- Strong design eye and presentation skills
- Broad materials understanding and installation experience and knowledge.
- Furniture selection and specification knowledge and ability to coordinate with vendors.
- Exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including clear and concise communication, active listening and observation as well as seek understanding of others' points of view looking at verbal and non-verbal cues to encourage open and honest discussions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Creative Suite required. Experience in Revit/BIM 360, Sketch Up, Enscape, Lumion, Rhino or other modeling programs a plus.
Together, we create enduring experiences for a healthy world.
Whether we are celebrating at a Spirit hour, nurturing an equitable and just work environment, or delivering regenerative design solutions to restore natural and human systems, each exchange is an opportunity to create a better future and support the health of our talent and communities. Our values are simple and impact every aspect our practice:
Design the future.
Restore the earth.
Take care of each other.
What can we create together?
Cuningham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the strength diversity brings to the workplace when combined with equity and justice. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, national origin, disability, military, or veteran status.
More Information on Cuningham
Cuningham operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Minneapolis, MN, Denver, CO, Phoenix, AZ, San Diego, CA, Culver City , CA and Las Vegas, NV. Cuningham was founded in 1968. It has 289 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 12 open jobs at Cuningham, click here.
Read Full Job Description