WHO WE ARE:
Sounding Board is the first-of-its-kind coaching enablement platform offering both the technology infrastructure and the coach network to enable and scale coaching practices organization-wide. A growth stage start-up backed by top tier VCs with a vision to democratize access to coaching across all levels of an organization, Sounding Board combines a SaaS, cloud-based management platform with a high quality, managed network of global coaches that can deliver remote, virtual 1:1 and group coaching at scale.
Our customers include large scale enterprises like Intel, Conagra, Mozilla, Dropbox & Cloudera and high growth companies across every industry such as Chime, Plaid, Zoom and UserTesting. When companies partner with us, they see a resulting increase in promotion, retention and development of critical leadership skills in their participating employees. SAP.iO foundry recognized Sounding Board as one among the top 7 HRTech startups in 2019.
WHY SOUNDING BOARD?
- We are a mission-driven company creating the next generation of leaders
- Exciting, early-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders from
- Backed by leading investors including Jazz Ventures, Canaan, Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures, Correlation Ventures, Engage VC
- Competitive salary, including company equity
- Health & wellness benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents 100% paid by the company
- Basic life insurance coverage
- Voluntary life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible PTO - take time off when you need it
- Remote working environment
- Passionate, diverse & inclusive team
- Coaching & Wellness benefit – Every employee gets a 1:1 coach & monthly wellness stipend
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
- Are you a senior product designer with a passion for translating customer needs into simple, delightful experiences?
- Do you like to challenge yourself, question bias, dive deep into the user experience, and deliver work that truly represents the best of your ability and the customer’s needs?
- Do you want to help craft solutions that are actively used by many Fortune 500 companies?
- Does having a meaningful role in shaping the future of our product and working in the education space excite you?
If so, we want to hear from you!
At Sounding Board, we’re all about building leaders. Connect with stakeholders, customers, and subject matter experts to get answers and insights. Collaborate with other designers to build deeper product knowledge and get feedback. Flex your design intuition to question and refine requirements to help drive problem-oriented, customer aligned, and business prioritized features to market.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Use various research and design methods to plan, ideate, and refine concepts into user testing-ready clickable prototypes
- Help evolve our design system by contributing new components and patterns
- Build relationships and collaborate with internal stakeholders, coaches, and Fortune 500 customers for research, workshops, user testing, critiques, and design demos
- Collect, synthesize, and present actionable insights and support design decisions from research and input data.
- Work with other designers to contribute to the design culture, provide feedback across projects, and continuously broaden your understanding of the product and business
WHAT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE DO I NEED?
- 6+ years of Product Design or UX experience working on digital products, software, or applications
- A strong understanding of best practices in user experience, interaction, visual design
- We love Figma. We’re looking for the ability to create new and utilize existing components and styles in the design system to create clickable prototypes for user testing and dev handoff. Extra points if you’ve mastered Auto-Layout!
- The ability to work with flow diagram software (Miro, Whimsical, Lucid Chart, etc)
- Some experience with Jira and Confluence preferred
- Ability to gather, internalize, and share new knowledge, skills, best practices, tools, and design patterns to improve and evolve our design culture
It is the policy of Sounding Board, Inc to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.