UrbanFootprint is the world’s first Urban Intelligence Platform. We provide critical intelligence to the institutions that are rebuilding the world's infrastructure. Where does the energy sector invest in electrification, decarbonization, and asset hardening in the face of climate threats? Where do cities and businesses invest to catch up with e-commerce, last-mile delivery, and new mobility? Where do governments deploy relief and new infrastructure to combat record hunger, homelessness, and hazard vulnerability? UrbanFootprint provides detailed and actionable answers to these questions and more.
UrbanFootprint supports organizations in ‘Building Resilience’.’ We organize, normalize, and align thousands of urban, climate, and community metrics across the continental U.S.. The platform delivers targeted insights via dynamic data streams and collaborative web mapping applications. We enable our customers to answer complex ‘where’ questions in minutes versus weeks, months, or years. Our customers include some of the largest energy utilities, major financial institutions, critical government agencies, top urban planning firms, and fast-growing mobility companies.
We’re growing rapidly in a market with a TAM of $22B, and just closed our Series B funding led by Citi Ventures, Valo Ventures, and Radicle Impact.Our founders, Joe DiStefano and Peter Calthorpe, are urban planning pioneers who have spent decades providing critical urban intelligence to cities and enterprises across the globe. UrbanFootprint was named one of the World’s Most Innovative companies in 2021, and is on the GovTech 100 list. Our platform was awarded the top spot in FastCo’s Innovation by Design competition.
UrbanFootprint is looking for a collaborative and pragmatic Senior Product Designer to help craft the future of our product portfolio. There will be collaboration with cross-functional product partners in engineering, research, and product management. In this role you will be responsible for the end-to-end design of new product features, from ideation through implementation. This role will report to the Design Manager.
What you’ll do
- Support high-level product strategy and participate in product roadmap prioritization by providing guidance and tradeoffs based on identified user needs.
- Anticipate and advocate for user research, contribute to and inform methodologies, and create artifacts for concept testing. Connect research insights to long-term opportunities.
- Take product ideas and hone them into multiple solutions and concrete approaches, then collaboratively narrow ideas and establish requirements.
- Create production-ready design deliverables that use new or existing patterns. Help maintain our design standards in collaboration with other designers.
- Collaborate with engineers to assure the visual quality of our output. Use browser developer tools to fine-tune user interface elements.
- Contribute to team and product design rituals. Provide frequent design feedback and guidance to other designers. Lead workshops and effectively align the group around a vision and approach.
- Be an advocate for user empathy and participatory design.
- Be an advocate for UX best practices on usability, responsive design, and web accessibility.
Your background likely includes
- 5+ years experience and demonstrated expertise designing digital products.
- A portfolio of work that showcases your process and a range of fidelity levels along with finished design work. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.
- A demonstrated understanding of modern HTML & CSS and product interface guidelines, and grasp of current development philosophies/methodologies for building consumer products.
- Expert skills in design tools like Figma, Sketch, Miro, and Invision.
- Experience building interactive mock-ups or prototypes.
- Experience working closely with product managers and engineers to deliver browser based software products.
- Experience working on enterprise SaaS products over multiple release cycles.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Confidence identifying and solving complex problems.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Prior experience working on data visualization tools or geospatial mapping products.
- Passionate about the planning, energy, or transportation industries, or government services sectors.
UrbanFootprint is committed to diversity in its workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.