Who we are:
Validere is a leading data and analytics SaaS provider for accelerating the energy transition. We’re on a mission to digitally transform the world’s largest supply chain to be commercially and environmentally efficient. Our Product Data Cloud enables energy companies to aggregate all product data sources into a single source of truth rapidly and seamlessly. Over 40 leading energy companies have partnered with Validere to identify new, hidden sources of value across the business. Our unique datasets and experts across data science, physical science, and oil and gas provide our clients a company-wide value engine that boosts commercial margins, reduces operational costs and risks, and ensures meaningful environmental progress.
Founded at Harvard University, Validere has since raised $70M+ from leading technology and energy investors, including Mercuria Energy America, BlackRock, Wing VC, Greylock Partners, and Y Combinator. With offices in Houston, Calgary, and Toronto, our 100+ employees focus every day on delivering the highest value, removing friction, and scaling results for every one of our customers.
Who you are:
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our rapidly growing team to help deliver exceptional experiences for our customers and be one of the early team members to help define and establish the vision for our design team and processes. In this role, you will have a high level of autonomy and immediate impact across our product while continuously having access to customers to validate assumptions, pain points, and solutions. It will be your responsibility to advocate for the user throughout the product lifecycle and partner with Product and Engineering to deliver world-class user experiences.
Let's give you a purpose:
- Conduct user research to help better understand pain points and gather insights.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to test new prototypes and directly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the product roadmap and advocate for the customer across the product development lifecycle.
- Participate in design reviews with broader Design, Product, and Engineering teams.
- Have a high bar for execution throughout the product life cycle.
- Depending on the situation, this could mean preparing user interviews & questionnaires, mapping out user flows, creating information architecture diagrams, and building low- or high-fidelity interactive mockups.
- Participate in our Agile process by contributing to sprint planning, daily standups & product demos.
- Contribute to the Validere design system and be one of the founding members of our Design Team.
What you'll bring along:
- 5+ years of experience designing and shipping features/products to customers.
- Portfolio of past work experience that demonstrates the design process behind decision making and tradeoffs.
- Proficiency in collaborative design software (e.g. Figma, Adobe XD) to build prototypes and testing product assumptions with users.
- Experience creating personas, customer journey maps, and other user research deliverables.
- Proficient in developing, producing, and iterating on wireframes, information architecture diagrams, clickable prototypes, UI guidelines, and design assets.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Deep intellectual curiosity and an interest in technical topics and an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Strong work ethic and a passion for creating great customer experiences.
- Experience in designing for Vertical Enterprise solutions or the Energy industry is a bonus but not required
We love it here, you will too:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Stock options (at Validere, we're all owners)
- RRSP/401(k) matching programs
- Flexible working arrangements
- Professional development budget to master your craft
- Generous time-off with parental/family leave
- Quarterly Employee Wellbeing Days and No Meeting Friday Afternoons
- An inclusive, ego-free environment where diversity of people and thought is valued
- Opportunity to impact the trajectory of a fast growing tech company
Validere is an equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the interview process and beyond. We are committed to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
More Information on Validvere
Validvere operates in the Software industry. The company is located in Houston, TX. Validvere was founded in 2015. It has 67 total employees. To see all jobs at Validvere, click here.
Read Full Job Description