Karat's purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world's technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat's Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We're a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!
Come join our Design team
Our Design team is committed to creating industry-leading product experiences that help Karat deliver on its purpose of unlocking opportunity.
What you will do
As a Senior Product Designer, you will regularly exercise your passion for designing elegant, inclusive and goal-directed product experiences. As a pragmatic design thinker and maker, you will model, refine and solve for key design personas that use our service. As a valued team member, you'll mentor colleagues and provide thought leadership across the organization.
- Lead cross-team ideation, solving for complex problems that resonate at the most customer-centric intersection between design, business, content, and technology
- Deliver upon and evangelize a culture of innovation specific to persona goals and needs
- Contribute human-centered, generative ideas through design research; lean on formative prototyping and collaboration with researchers to learn and iterate design execution
- When appropriate, go beyond best practices with diverse methods and novel approaches tailored for business and user impact
- Provide the right mix of context, storytelling, and execution specifics at the appropriate forum/venue and level of detail required
- Propose new work based on perceived business and human value by bringing stakeholders onboard with strong presentation and socialization skills
- Model excellence in product design while mentoring fellow designers
- Contribute to and improve our design system-libraries, patterns, and workflows
The experience you bring
- 6+ years experience as a UX or product designer, designing applications across a variety of platforms (formal training in HCD or related field is considered a plus)
- A high-quality design portfolio or deck highlighting critical and informed thinking, strong execution and outcomes
- Working cross-functionally to move design initiatives forward, regardless of obstacles
- Quality execution of large projects with significant impact on company-level metrics
- A consistently strong, clear, and human-centered rationale, whether delivered informally, through a well designed presentation, or in writing to cross-functional groups
- Demonstrated experience performing human-centered design research to understand the goals and needs of users
- Comprehensive knowledge of the latest design patterns, emerging technologies, and other developments in the field.
- An understanding of when to effectively communicate strategic and tactical design rationale-from one on one conversations to team presentations.
- Strong empathy, optimism and active listening when collaborating closely with other disciplines, partners and users
- An attention to detail, curiosity and situation-driven ownership
Karat's HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is available for this position.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We're proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team's favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee's choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected] .