Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!Come join our Design team
Our Design team is committed to creating industry-leading product experiences that help Karat deliver on its purpose of unlocking opportunity.What you will do
As a Senior Product Designer, you will regularly exercise your passion for designing elegant, inclusive and goal-directed product experiences. As a pragmatic design thinker and maker, you will work deeply to model, refine and solve for key design personas that use our service—facilitating ideation, partnering with product management, collaborating with engineering and data science and working closely with research to gain insights into user goals, needs and pain points.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is available for this position.
- Bring your intentionality to the table; you’re senior enough to situationally understand what you’re looking to uncover, accomplish or communicate and don’t need a prescriptive process to follow
- Lead cross-team ideation, solving for complex problems that resonate at the most customer-centric intersection between design, business, content, and technology
- Deliver upon and evangelize a culture of innovation specific to individual persona goals and needs
- When risk is apparent, lean heavily on formative prototyping to learn from customers, and establish a shared vision with partners and stakeholders
- Model excellence in product design while mentoring fellow designers
- Participate in generative research to model design personas, leading to representative journey maps and scenarios of human context
- Contribute to, maintain and improve design systems—libraries, patterns, and workflows—across the service.
- 6+ years experience and fluency in best practices for visual design, user interface design, interaction design, and human-centered design frameworks, and a portfolio that reflects such outcome-based work
- 4+ years experience designing for web-based applications
- Demonstrated experience performing human-centered design research to understand the goals and needs of users
- Comprehensive knowledge of the latest design patterns, emerging technologies, and other developments in the field
- An understanding of when to effectively communicate strategic and tactical design rationale—from one on one conversations to team presentations
- Experience with designing software (e.g. dashboards, web apps, downloadable software, operating systems, etc.)
- Empathy, optimism and active listening when collaborating closely with other disciplines and partners
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity; comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
- A strong attention to detail
- Link to Portfolio is highly recommended
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected]