Senior Product Designer at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team - design tools that enable talent and clients to connect in lasting relationships that matter and lead to successful hiring. As a designer joining our project, you’ll get to work on a growing team of designers, user researchers, content designers, PMs, and developers, and will have a huge impact on the vision for this space.
In this role, you’ll dig into user challenges, define mental models, and uncover ways to provide engaging, intuitive, and high quality user experiences. You’ll also support our mission of creating economic opportunities so people have better lives – and at a time when this is more urgent than ever.Responsibilities:
- Define and craft fabulous experiences that our customers love and tell their peers about!
- Lead the design process end-to-end for your team: strategy, research, idea exploration, concepts, information architecture, interaction design, design specs, launch and testing
- Collaborate with our user researchers, product managers, data scientists, developers, and fellow designers to frame problems and take ideas from concept through implementation
- Create designs that are flexible across multiple touchpoints from desktop to mobile.
- Care about quality and the fine details of our product design, producing attractive solutions that encourage trust, connection, and joy
- Work iteratively and quickly, moving between a lightweight vision and shippable, steel thread designs
- Communicate and share your concepts to a broad range of partners, ranging from strategy and experience concepts to detailed design systems and assets
- Further strengthen our design team through mentorship, design critiques and knowledge sharing.
- A strong knowledge of your users and determination to keep them and their goals at the heart of everything you do.
- Curious and innovative, asking “what if” and explore multiple angles and possibilities.
- An excellent teammate. You believe we are stronger together and are energized when you’re in a room (a virtual room) with smart, outspoken people.
- Diligent about design details. You produce pixel tight, attractive work that other companies will look to emulate.
- Experience designing flexible, responsive UIs that are sophisticated for both desktop and mobile
- A strong work ethic and a readiness to focus and commit. You can lead a project from start to finish and passionately pursue high-quality designs that deliver memorable experiences that users will love!
- A growth mentality, You look to tackle new challenges and stretch your abilities to improve the team, the business and yourself.
- You assume the best in people and treat everyone with kindness and respect.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.