Able is a product acceleration studio. Our technology teams consist of exceptional Product Designers, Software Engineers, Product Managers, and all-around company builders. We incubate our own investments and also work with our partners (clients) to improve their odds of success by deploying startup-caliber teams that are capable of addressing every stage of the technology venture lifecycle.
Able is seeking a Senior Product Designer to join our growing team. As a Senior Product Designer, you are an active listener, who will collaborate with cross-functional teams to build and launch software products. For each product, you will work closely with our partners, learn about their business priorities and user needs, work with them to define the problems, and collaborate with our team to define and build the solution. Since partnerships are typically long-term, you’ll build, measure, and learn to iterate on solutions throughout the product lifecycle.Your day-to-day
- Partnering with collaborators to understand business priorities, user needs, and the most important problems to be solved
- Applying design-research methods and delivering informed recommendations for projects based on your research findings
- Designing user flows, wireframes, concepts, prototypes, specs to clearly communicate solutions to team members and partners
- Collaborating with your product pods (product managers, tech leads, and software engineers) to shape and ship effective solutions
- Providing consistent, high-quality design solutions that map to the intended outcomes of the product
- Using common interaction patterns and established solutions to inspire, inform, and communicate ideas
- Working closely with our partners through workshops, sharing progress, and communicating the rationale behind design decisions in a compelling way
- Assisting with establishing and embodying a design culture internally and externally
- Modeling and reinforcing our core values
- 5+ years working as a product designer or similar role on web and mobile products
- Work samples demonstrating great user experience and product thinking by showing your process through flows, prototypes, mock-ups, etc.
- Experience at a digital agency or similar designing and shipping products in an iterative and lean manner
- Autonomy and energy to make sense of new and unique problems (zero to one)
- Comfort adjusting as new information and requirements are gathered about a solution
- Strong storytelling skills with experience facilitating meetings and creating compelling presentations for executive-level partners
- A passion for digital products that translates to a deep understanding of modern interaction design patterns, trends, and best practices
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and down-to-earth
- We offer competitive base compensation, 100% employer-paid health benefits, 401k, paid parental leave, snacks, relaxed environment
- Diversity adds value to everything we do — we hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We support and ensure a healthy work-life balance is maintained through realistic deadlines, hours, and goals
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (including vacation, sick days, and wellness days) because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why we give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.