At Edmunds we’re driven to make car buying easier. Ever since we began publishing printed car guides in the 60’s, the company has been in the business of trust, innovating ways to empower and support car shoppers. When Edmunds launched the car industry’s first Internet site in 1994, we established a leadership position online and have never looked back. Now, as one of the most trusted review sites on the Internet, millions of visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next car. For consumers, we bring peace of mind. For dealers, we make tools to help them solve their problems and sell more cars. How do we do it, you ask? The key ingredients are our enthusiastic employees, progressive company culture and cutting-edge technology. Want to join the team? Read on to find out how!
What You’re Applying For:
Edmunds is looking for a Senior UI/UX Product Designer to join our Product Innovation Portfolio which is responsible for creating, launching and growing new products for our customers on the Edmunds.com website.
What You’ll Do:
As a Senior Level UX/UI Product Designer you will collaborate closely with product managers throughout the product development cycle to create innovative new products and thoughtful solutions to existing ones. You will work closely with Product Managers and fellow designers to strategize user research and plan strategies to deepen our understanding of our users and their needs. You will design clean, functional and beautiful UI, and lead our team in reviews and share-outs.
- Develop design concepts, wireframes, prototypes, usage scenarios, task analysis, specifications, and other UXD deliverables.
- Take a systematic approach to create a clean, functional and beautiful UI.
- Understand the target users’ needs, motivations, and behaviors as it relates to a specific project or area.
- Participate in the product definition process with your team and drive the clarification of the users’ tasks and objectives.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design challenges.
- Evangelize a deep empathy and curiosity for the needs of our customers through data driven discovery and design
- Articulate user experience design issues effectively. Present and justify design thinking and rationale for key deliverables to peers and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the product roadmap by articulating, and estimating the level of effort and complexity of a project or feature.
- Partner with fellow designers to craft user-testing prototypes.
- Utilize Usability testing or A/B testing to present and validate design solutions.
You’ll love this job if:
- You have a passion for building products that delight your customers
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and appreciate the vision, hard work, and grit it takes to build transformative products - You are have the capacity think holistically about user experiences and how new products we design will fit into the ecosystem of our existing products
- You embrace change and delight in the new opportunities that present themselves each time you are asked to learn something new
What You Need:
- Minimum 5+ years of UX/UI design for consumer-facing products (web, mobile, responsive design)
- Degree in Design, Art, New Media, HCI, Human Factors, Information Design, or related fields.
- Deep expertise in designing clean, intuitive, beautiful, innovative user interfaces
- Deep analytical, information architecture, and usability testing skills
- Knowledge of current UX best practices and design processes
- Experience in UX/UI design for responsive based websites and mobile experiences is strongly preferred
- Experience driving user research and usability testing, and turning the output into data that can drive design decisions
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile development environment with both in-house and remote product development teams
- Must be a self-starter and a strong desire for continuous learning.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating interaction design including both UI and UX artifacts
- Expertise in the tools of the trade: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Abstract, Figma, etc.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS is a bonus, but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences, including senior leadership
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Flexible time off
13 Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
Flexible Spending Accounts (Employees) and Health Savings Accounts (Employee and Employer Contributions)
401K Plan with Company Matching at 50%, up to 6% of employee eligible contribution and vesting after 1 year
Up to 4 months Paid Parental Leave
HeartCash matches employee donations to the causes that are important to them
2 Days of Paid Time Off for time to dedicate to social impact causes
FitCash covers a portion of gym or fitness activity fees
Well being sessions and events such as yoga, meditation and walking challenges
On-going career development sessions and an annual learning event
Plus a coffee bar, frozen yogurt and more!
Working @ Edmunds.com:
Employees think it’s a pretty great place to work and some pretty impressive publications think it is too: we have been recognized as one of the best places to work by the Fortune Magazine and Great Places to Work, LA Business Journal (for the last 6 years!), Computerworld, Built in LA and Inc. Magazine. We've also been identified as one of the best workplaces specifically in Technology and also for Diversity and Asian Americans. If you’re interested in learning more and joining our mission, we’d love to hear from you!
Edmunds will consider for employment qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable laws.