From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our rapidly growing Design org. You will help shape the future of the Fivetran data pipeline platform for businesses large and small. Our ideal candidate’s balance of enterprise design experience and knack for user centricity will enable them to hit the ground running, leading by example on product projects, and working cross-functionally. This means understanding the nuances of our user journey and getting deep into the daily lives of our customers. As you talk with our team, your portfolio should contain case studies that demonstrate strong storytelling skills, use of effective design methodologies, and clear results of your work.
Fivetran has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We appreciate Designers who are curious, humble, think deeply, speak clearly, and thrive on collaboration and feedback. If this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello with links to your work and experience. This role will report directly to the Head of Product Design.What you’ll do:
- Create a compelling design vision for your product area and execute on your plan, collaborating with other Designers, Product Managers, and Tech writers, who are passionate about user experience.
- Facilitate requirements discussions with stakeholders and create alignment on design solutions.
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience and champion your ideas within your working group and across the company.
- Approach designs from a systems perspective, developing patterns that get adopted by others.
- Evolve Fivetran’s Design System with engineers and the brand design team.
- Become an expert on the end-to-end customer experience, performing research with users of the product and internal subject matter experts.
- Mentor Designers within Fivetran’s Product Design team.
- You are experienced in leading customer research, customer validation, concept design, design systems, usability testing, and other modern design practices.
- A proven track record and strong portfolio featuring examples of your work, your design process, and the outcomes/results.
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a bias toward action -- there’s tons of greenfield opportunity here, and you’ll need to lean into the ambiguity and lead projects to completion.
- Ability to craft engaging presentations with engrossing stories that influence stakeholders and audiences at all levels of the organization.
- You are driven by a deep understanding of how products get used, conducting research such as concept validation, contextual inquiry, and usability testing.
- Excitement for the chance to shape the design culture at a growing company and to inspire people with your unique perspective.
- Experience working in big data, AI, or data analytics.
- Experience building or working within design systems
- A desire to have fun while building a great product!
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.