Senior Product Designer at Verisk (Remote)
We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.Job Description
Transforming the way we power our planet
In the middle of an energy revolution, we recognise that businesses are faced with a choice: act now or fail later. At Wood Mackenzie, we partner with our customers to provide the data and insight they rely on to inspire their decision making and, ultimately, accelerate the world’s transition to a more sustainable future.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer to join our team and continue to rethink how our customers interact with and consume data within the energy industry. You’ll have the support of the team but the autonomy to conceptualise new ideas as well as contributing back to our bespoke design system and validating your work with our customers themselves. We’re looking for someone who’s upbeat, curious and is hungry for data, insight, and trying new things to get to great solutions.
Our design team works across our offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and London, and while many of us work remotely now, we commit to getting together once a month. Wood Mackenzie's ongoing digital transformation aims to redefine how customers interact with our comprehensive, industry-leading data, so if you fancy a challenge, we have lots of very interesting design tasks to get your teeth into. We work with the latest technologies, so you can expect to collaborate with designers in Figma and see developers working in React. We’re not afraid to challenge our own assumptions, iterating on different ways of working just as we would products for our customers.
UX Design operates as part of the Product organisation, forming a critical partnership between Product, Engineering, and Data. We want to make sure that Wood Mackenzie’s digital products are led by customer insight and inspiration. We work across a range of digital products, embedded in cross-functional agile teams, while collaborating as a core UX design team to give and receive feedback, share best practices and pool our knowledge (and have fun!).
What we want to see in applicants:
- A curious and creative UX Designer or Product Designer with a minimum of 5+ years' experience delivering UX design and research
- An interest in mentoring and developing fellow designers, and people in the wider business, and improving ways of working to make the team more effective.
- Experience working collaboratively within product teams in an agile environment
- Able to confidently manage discussions with internal and external stakeholders - you can demonstrate how you can influence and guide conversations effectively.
- A deep understanding of the whole UX design process (e.g., exploratory research, process flow development, system architecture, wireframing, usability testing, interaction design, visual design, prototyping, delivery) with a real in depth skill in at least a few areas
- Comfortable writing test plans and conducting usability tests.
- Able to communicate your ideas and explain the insight and rationale behind decisions in a clear and effective manner.
- Skills to use our current design tool stack (Figma and Dovetail), or with other industry-standard tools such as Sketch, inVision, and Adobe CS.
- Experienced in participating in or co-creating collaborative workshops at various points in the product lifecycle.
- Possess a portfolio or case studies demonstrating beautiful, well thought out work that highlights your UX design process, showcasing attention-to-detail and focusing on solutions that really satisfy customer needs.
We’d also love to see:
- Demonstrable experience of working in enterprise level Design Systems.
- Mature content writing skills, ensuring good copy in the experiences you design
- Confidence in delving into data and analytics to understand problems or opportunities, or measure success of solutions
- Experience planning and running design workshops
- Experience in line management, or an appetite to grow towards leadership
Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Consumer Privacy Notice