Senior Product Designer at Credit Karma (Charlotte, NC)
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As a new member of the Credit Karma Product Design team, you'll work with product managers, engineers, analysts, and researchers to promote growth and learning within the design team. You'll report to the Director, Product Design.What you'll do:
- Create high-quality user experiences that aim to help our members make financial progress through onboarding experiences, monetization flows, and other points of the financial process.
- Use data and analytics to create member-focused hypotheses for iterative product experimentation.
- Create experiments around hypotheses that gain learning from research or insights to identify new areas for our business
- Carry ideas from early stage discovery through development and multiple rounds of iteration and changes
- Uphold design standards, patterns, processes, and behaviors across our platforms
- Partner with product managers, business leads, researchers, and analysts to explore and identify opportunities to solve member problems
- You'll be a part of a high impact, collaborative, fast-growing team
- You'll layer the foundation and process of how growth design works at Credit Karma
- You're motivated by using data to explore new experiences for our members
- You'll always ship to learn more about our members and the business
- Iteration is a process, so you'll be learn everyday
- 5+ years of relevant product design experience
- Proficient in Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD or similar
- Experience shipping user centered products
- Case studies of several projects in market, showing examples of discovery and iteration
- Experience as a growth oriented designer
- Experience designing products that fit into complex systems and user journeys
- Experience partnering with researchers to gain insight and develop strategies to provide high impact approaches
- Experience with a mobile first design approach
- A history of applying data collection mechanisms to create meaningful product experiences
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)