Senior Product Designer at SamCart (Remote)
Online shopping has changed. Today's eCommerce runs on selling products, not brands. SamCart is the only eCommerce software platform built for creators, by creators, who want to build a profitable digital business and experience personal freedom and growth.
We are looking for a creative, passionate, and experienced product designer to join our team to build compelling e-commerce experiences for our users and their customers. Our Senior Product Designer will help define the SamCart aesthetic. In collaboration with our product, engineering, and marketing teams, our Senior Product Designer will contribute to all phases of product discovery, development, and delivery. Leveraging a full range of skills from strategic thinking, user journey mapping, and experience design, this role will apply a strong visual voice to our applications and communicate design directions clearly and convincingly through influence and individual contribution.
- Collaborate closely with engineering to build beautiful and functional user experiences for our web and mobile products.
- Champion customer needs through human-centered design practices, including discovery, research, whiteboard sessions, and user testing.
- Build prototypes to validate ideas and communicate desired behavior.
- Help evolve our design system, and individually contribute to an array of projects that implement our design system.
- Evangelize best practices, leading by example in all aspects of design execution from ideation through production.
- Expert knowledge of Figma
- An awesome portfolio of UI/UX design that illustrates your strategy and process
- Aptitude for simplifying complexity and turning abstract ideas into concrete designs
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative user research
- At least 5 years of professional experience designing web and mobile applications
This is what you'll love about SamCart
Our co-founders always say "Their success is our success" and we believe that about our people too! We want everyone to love their job at least 80% of the time and when you are successful, the whole team is successful.
- Each team has one offsite Hub Week per quarter to collaborate with team members (and others!) and plan for the upcoming quarter.
- Diversity adds value to everything we do - We hire from and for a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We have unlimited PTO with an encouraged 14-day minimum to empower our team members to maintain a healthy balance in their day-to-day lives.
- Yay, we have 401K!
- Health Insurance premiums are covered 100% by SamCart for you +1, be it a significant other or child.
- Supportive Parental leave policies for all parents
- Career growth and development are essential here at SamCart and we want all team members to build sustainable, future-proof and adaptable careers.
- Self-Care is important, which is why we offer a monthly wellness credit.
Our Core Values
Be Transparent - We communicate openly, thrive on feedback, and check our egos at the door.
Be Human - We operate with compassion and always assume positive intent.
Be an Owner - We are all owners of the business. We take pride in our work and know that the success of our customers and the business contributes to our individual success.
Be Creative and Commit - We collaborate, create resourceful solutions, and work as a team to get it done.
Be You - We are stronger together because of the unique qualities we each bring to the team. We believe in balance, making time for fun, and enjoying the work we do!