Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Your Impact on our Mission:
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be involved in all aspects of product design and development, from research and ideation, through detailed design and testing, to implementation and learning. As a senior designer, you will be responsible for leading the design in a product area. You’ll help drive the roadmap, presenting and evaluating options, and crafting the approach. Within the team, you will be expected to mentor more junior team members.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Motivated by improving healthcare
- Passionate about working with a diverse group of co-workers, including designers, product managers, engineers, and executives
- Inspired by the craft of design, and the practices that ensure we are not only designing well, but designing the right thing
- An excellent communicator both verbally and visually
- Comfortable with having significant responsibilities for how our products work
- A life-long learner who enjoys doing the kind of work you’ve never done before
- Always ready to be an advocate for our users
Your day to day is…
- Designing and lead design efforts at all levels of fidelity including whiteboard and Miro sketches, wireframes, visual designs, and transition animations
- Developing the product vision and strategy in conjunction with the product manager on your team
- Delivering simple and elegant flows that fit with the product using an evolving existing front-end style guide
- Working closely with designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers
- Leading discussions about design choices
- Participating in design research
- Being an advocate for design thinking and being an ambassador for Zocdoc’s design culture
- Mentoring and potentially managing junior team members
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- 4+ years of Product Design experience
- BA/BS degree in Design(e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial) or a related field of equivalent practical experience
- A portfolio that illustrates complex problem-solving ability, comprehension of fundamental development frameworks, and design skills; specifically, ideation sketches, flow maps, wireframes, web and/or mobile app product designs, visual design projects or website builds
- Experience leading and/or owning the design of specific products or projects
- Passion to work collaboratively with other designers, co-located developers, and product managers
- Initiative to learn about, from, and advocate for the user
- Both an eye for details and ability to see the big picture
- A life-long learner mentality with a growth mindset
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- L&D offerings + a free LinkedIn learning account
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Return to Office
The safety and health of our team members is our top priority. As local case numbers and regulations allow, our NYC office will be accessible to all fully vaccinated employees five days a week, though working in-office remains completely voluntary; everyone is invited but nobody is required to work in the office. For team members who work in-office days, we will provide an experience that supports social interaction, collaboration, and of course all of our regular perks such as free lunch. Learn more about our return to office philosophy, plans, and updates here!