Senior Product Designer (Remote) at Drata
Drata is looking for a Senior Product Designer. This person will be a key member of the growing design team of one of the fastest growing, B2B SaaS startups that’s already achieved unicorn status. As a Senior Product Designer, you will research, conceptualize, and prototype robust user experiences in key areas of our software, helping our users navigate the complexities of security and compliance. We’re looking for someone who identifies as a ‘doer’ and is comfortable working cross-functionally and externally in helping Drata achieve its growth goals. We pride ourselves in our ability to move quickly and get the job done, and are committed to making sure every team member is set up to exceed expectations and learn and grow in their role. This role will report to Drata’s Director of Design, but work directly with product and engineering leaders.
If you’re looking to roll up your sleeves, make an immediate impact, and be a high-visibility contributor within the organization, this role might be for you.
What you'll do:
- Drive problem discovery and ideation in support of Drata’s strategic vision and the value our platform delivers to customers
- Gather research through user testing platforms, facilitating workshops with fellow Drata experts, and talking directly with customers
- Synthesize research data into insights to inform engineering and product teams and to collaboratively build compelling experiences
- Organize complex data management tasks into user-friendly hierarchies and intuitive workflows
- Deliver artifacts to guide and codify product development, such as wireframes, sitemaps, user journeys, storyboards, and service blueprints
- Define user experience and user interface requirements by creating and presenting prototypes for both desktop and mobile devices
- Work alongside engineering teams from early in the design process all the way through delivery
- Provide constructive feedback to fellow designers and product managers on new feature design efforts
- Collaborate with product team to define metrics for success that will ground our future work and elevate Drata’s strategic vision for our platform
- Manage, refine and scale our nascent design system by creating and documenting design patterns, templates and visual guidelines
- Provide design direction to external agencies and freelancers
- Commit to making what we build accessible and inclusive to all users
What you’ll bring:
- 4 - 5+ years working in Product Design, User Experience Design, Interaction Design, or Content Strategy, preferably at a high-growth SaaS company
- A portfolio demonstrating your expertise in UX/UI principles. Please highlight examples that guide users through complexity
- Experience leading or participating in user research
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product managers
- Experience working in direct collaboration with developers/engineers in an agile environment.
- Ability to work across multiple projects and maintain a strong attention to detail
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized. Has a desire for pushing the boundaries of enterprise software design with modern, emerging UI patterns and implementation technologies (but also knows when to just get stuff done)
- Must work well with others and be open to feedback from multiple stakeholders; no creative ego
- Must be a self-starter who excels at multitasking and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable with Figma, but more comfortable with pencil and paper
- Health & Wellness: 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision - employee and dependents
- Learning & Development: $500 annually towards professional development opportunities + $250 annually towards personal development opportunities
- Unlimited PTO: Unlimited vacation policy for strong, fully charged batteries
- 16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave: An inclusive policy to ensure you have time with your newborn or newly adopted child
- Work Remotely: Flexible hours and work from home (especially these days!) + $500 annually to cover necessary business related items for your home office
- Charitable Contribution Match
- 401K: Reach your financial goals while reducing your taxes
- HSA, FSA, & DCFSA: Pre-tax savings plans for healthcare and dependent care
Drata is on a mission to help build trust across the internet.
Drata is a security and compliance automation platform that continuously monitors and collects evidence of a company's security controls, while streamlining compliance workflows end-to-end to ensure audit readiness.
We all recognize the importance of earning and keeping the trust of our customers when it comes to protecting their data. We've felt firsthand how burdensome achieving and maintaining a strong security and compliance posture can be at a fast-growing company. It’s a manual, redundant, error-prone, and unscalable process - and it only grows more complex and expensive over time.
Our team of SaaS, security, compliance, and audit experts have built a better way - with automation.
Employment at Drata is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.