Senior Product Designer (Remote USA) at Formidable
Are you interested in working on a growing team of designers helping shape digital experiences for some of the biggest companies in the world? Are you interested in finding solutions for some of the hardest problems in the digital space today?
We are in search of a Senior Product Designer to join our team. You will focus on helping to define and design breakthrough experiences that impact how customers use products and services. You will work closely with Project Managers, and Engineers as well as the design team to meticulously execute ideas into production.You will be responsible for:
- Creating design solutions based on user research data, user goals, and business requirements
- Producing designs that illustrate optimal user experiences, deliverables may include storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
- Working closely with engineers and product managers to iterate and deliver flawlessly.
- Advocating for your design solutions by putting them in the context of business and user goals.
- Working with the design team to help form a supportive and collaborative design environment in which we can all level up our design skills together.
- 5+ years of design experience in interactive digital design and/or visual design
- Experience designing user experiences for user-focused software & services
- Experience designing consumer and/or enterprise applications
- A well-thought-through portfolio that represents end-to-end customer journeys, as well as deep design thinking in the visual space.
- Breadth and depth across 2 or 3 categories of usability, interaction, and visual design.
- Ability to create polished design prototypes, mockups, wireframes, and style guides in an iterative environment.
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, and UI patterns for desktop and mobile experiences
- Familiarity with technical constraints impacting design patterns across platforms
- Expert knowledge of industry-standard design tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Abstract
- Experience working directly with product and engineering teams in a collaborative software development environment
- Motion graphic and/or illustration skills are a plus, ideally After Effects to Lottie.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Please include URLs for an online portfolio demonstrating your design process, UX flows, interaction patterns, and visual design skills in addition to your resume.
- Experience working in a lead role over a design team and/or the desire to move into a managerial or leadership position.
- Base salary range for this position is $130,000 - $140,000 and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position.
- We employ a simple and fair salary system that pays everyone the same salary for the same work. This Open Pay system is competitive in a fast-growing market and provides transparency to what is typically an opaque and unbalanced negotiation.
- A minimum of 5 weeks of PTO annually (Inclusive of Holidays) and unlimited sick time for mental and physical health
- Flexible work schedules (40 hour work weeks & NO on-call duty)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for you and your family
- Family Forming and Fertility benefits to support all paths to parenthood
- MacBook Pro, or equivalent Windows or Linux laptop
- Home Office Stipend so you can buy a desk, monitor, and more
- Health & Wellness bonus for exercise equipment, gym memberships, etc.
- Ample all-you-can-learn Professional Development budget
- An encouraging and collaborative culture
- ...and much more to support your life, both at work and outside of work!
We are proud of the culture we have built and truly believe that work should be a place where you come to grow, be challenged, build relationships and have fun. When people from varied backgrounds and experiences come together, the greatest outcomes are the result. We believe people are at their best when they have what they need, so we made Formidable a place where all can feel welcomed, supported, and heard.At Formidable we value
Inclusion: Come as you are. You are safe here.
Autonomy: We trust you to make good decisions and get your work done.
Craft: Level up. We're always working to improve ourselves through practice, peer review, teamwork, and communicationInclusion
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the country where employed. We are not offering working visa sponsorship at this time.