Senior Product Designer (Remote-US Based) at Aquicore
| Washington DC | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:14 p.m. (CST) on Friday, March 18, 2022
Who we are
Aquicore was founded in 2013 in the early hours of the morning on the belief that smarter and more connected buildings will have a global impact in curbing our climate challenges and make buildings technologically ready for the next century.
We create global impact by bettering the built environment every day.
Our next generation of software, which facilitates smarter building operations, is used by the largest real estate owners and operators around the world. We are changing the industry from the ground up and we’re looking for the right people to achieve our mission!
We’re amped by the work we do and driven to constantly propel our values and culture. While awards aren’t the goal, we are humbled to be recognized as one of the coolest places to work by organizations such as DC Inno. Our people come first and it’s the combination of our culture and our mission that has been our greatest differentiator. We take our core values as a company seriously and aspire to level-up our Aquicorians in their careers and professional growth.
Do you want to design experiences that use data to improve efficiency, drive behavior change, and help the environment? We are seeking a Senior Product Designer to help us build the next generation of the Aquicore platform. The growing design team is an integral part of the Aquicore product team and you will play an influential role in helping commercial real estate organizations reduce their energy usage and carbon emissions.
- Own the end-to-end user experience, design exploration and execution for a key product area
- Manage your own work from concept to completion, provide timing estimates, deliver on time and meet project objectives
- Run brainstorming sessions and design workshops with cross-functional stakeholders
- Help refine the customer journey map, design system and personas
- Deliver and validate conceptual designs, information architecture, user flows, user interfaces and prototypes for your product area
- Present and clearly communicate how your solutions address business goals, user needs and technical constraints and answer any related questions in design reviews with stakeholders
- Define research needs, advise and participate in user research studies and competitive research
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including product managers and engineers, to translate business goals and user needs into useful and elegant product experiences
- Guide and mentor product designers
- Contribute to the product strategy and partner with product managers in road-mapping and prioritization
What you bring
- 3+ years of experience in product or UX design
- An online portfolio that demonstrates high-quality user experience design work and proves you are a deep design thinker
- A passion for solving problems from big picture strategy to the tiny details
- A love for shipping products frequently, helping users, and improving upon what you've built
- A natural tendency to take initiative and ownership of the design process to drive projects forward in a fast-paced, growing-organization environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to plan, manage and hit target deadlines
- Demonstrated strategic, empathetic, and critical thinking
- The ability to communicate design decisions effectively, receive and share constructive criticism, and apply feedback to your work
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong ability to adapt
- Experience collaborating and working within agile methodology
- Experience designing data visualization and a love for analytics
- Experience designing within design systems and Figma
- Experience with responsive, web and mobile application design
- Ability to structure and conduct user research, interviews and tests
- Experience designing for SaaS products
- Knowledge of Commercial Real Estate and/or PropTech
- Experience working with data scientists and data engineers
- Experience helping lead and mentor designers
Is this role not a perfect fit?
Sign up to stay in touch. We have new positions regularly and we’d love to reach out to you first when it opens up!
We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. Aquicore is an EEOC.
More Information on Aquicore
Aquicore operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Washington, DC. Aquicore was founded in 2013. It has 70 total employees. To see all 3 open jobs at Aquicore, click here.
Read Full Job Description