What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
In 2021, Roofstock acquired Great Jones, a leading tech-enabled, full-service property management company, and Stessa, a financial tracking and optimization app, to provide investors with a more seamless, modern experience to buy, sell and manage their real estate investments.
We’re now uniquely positioned to deliver a delightful and truly differentiated end-to-end solution that empowers individual investors to more effortlessly acquire, manage, and track performance of investment properties all under one platform.
We are looking for a very creative and intuitive Senior Product Designer who can help us continuously refine, unify and uplift Great Jones' user experience. As our ideal candidate, you have experience leading initiatives on designing new products from end-to-end experience, as well as enhancing/re-designing existing experiences leveraging the product design principles. At your core, you are a collaborator who enjoys working cross-functionally in order to get the job done. You are excited about changing the status quo and passionate about making things better. Most of all, you are excited about being part of something great by innovating a traditional real estate industry.
What you will do
- Lead product design projects and set the vision for the end-to-end experience across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches
- Work with cross-functional teams including product, research, engineering, and business stakeholders to design delightful as well as practical solutions to complex design challenges
- Guide product initiatives from conception to conclusion, leveraging product ideation, user research, flowcharts, prototypes, wireframes, usability testing, visual design, etc.
- Contribute ideas to the near and long-term vision for to scale our product lines
- Develop UX strategies in collaboration with product managers and design peers
- Leverage research data, design principles, or other objective information to support design decisions
- Advocate for users and best design practice across the entire company
- Collaborate with designers to maintain and evolve Great Jones' brand and design system
What you will bring
- 4+ years of experience as a Product Designer or UI/UX Designer working with product and tech leads
- An excellent portfolio that shows the entire product design process from ideation/iteration to final delivery in a range of cross-platform work
- Superior ability to produce useful, clean and delightful designs with understanding of product scalability and usability
- An understanding of how data and research can inform your craft
- Demonstrated strength in formulating and articulating UX strategies
- Expertise in Figma, Sketch, InVision or other design & prototyping tools
- Real estate, fintech or prop-tech experience a plus
- Bonus: familiarity with front-end web development languages
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
More Information on Roofstock
Roofstock operates in the Real Estate industry. The company is located in Oakland, CA and Dallas, TX. Roofstock was founded in 2015. It has 229 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 78 open jobs at Roofstock, click here.
Read Full Job Description