Senior Product Designer - Payments at GoFundMe (Remote)
Do you believe that people should compassionately support one another to create a better world? Well, we do!
Serving as the world’s most trusted fundraising platform, GoFundMe is committed to creating a better world by making it safe and easy for people to support causes they’re passionate about. When someone sees a need—whether it’s in their neighborhood or across the globe—they can turn their compassion into action through GoFundMe. Our customers have raised over $15 billion for their personal causes, making GoFundMe a top 200 website in the US based on traffic, with a monthly audience of over 100 million people.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead design for Payments experiences on GoFundMe. Asking for help can be difficult. Getting your funds shouldn’t be.
You will drive discovery, research, and ideation in partnership with Product and Engineering. Our design team has ambitious goals to reimagine our experiences and elevate our designs to become a truly world-class experience for our users. You will be a key team member driving this evolution.The Job…
- Define the visual design strategy for the product and work with other leads to drive consensus across teams.
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to drive design decisions that create user value and business impact.
- Facilitate design workshops with cross-functional team members to ideate, brainstorm, and establish conceptual direction.
- Create and deliver high-fidelity designs, prototypes, and specifications in collaboration with product and engineering teams.
- Contribute to and help evolve the Heart design system.
- Collaborate with the product team to take conceptual ideas and turn them into usable, delightful, and valuable product features.
- Actively participate in group design critiques to solicit and provide thoughtful feedback.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions.
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Designer working in-house or at an agency
- Expert understanding of the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- Prior experience designing for fintech products.
- You have great aesthetic judgment and attention to detail.
- End-to-end experience designing consumer-facing experiences for web and mobile
- You are a problem solver that requires very little guidance on projects and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the ability to take initiative, prioritize, manage workloads, and meet project deadlines.
- You are an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate your design decisions, ideas, and vision.
- You are empathetic and have a user-centered approach to design.
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe...
A Year in Giving: 2021
We Support Justice + Equality