Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
Opendoor is looking for a Product Designer to build a platform for our business partners to buy houses from our customers. In this role you’ll have a clear and measurable impact on a fast growing area of our business. Projects involve designing a robust suite of tools to enable partners to track, bid and negotiate across multiple home transactions.
We are looking for designers who are leaders, strong system thinkers, can handle multiple stakeholders and can mentor more junior designers. The ideal designer for this team has experience working in the digital enterprise / digital tool space.
As a Product Designer you will:
- Ideate: Work with Product, Engineering, Research and Operations to design and visualize our partner platform.
- Research: Partner with User Experience Research and Partner Market Managers to understand common pain points for partners, product opportunities and priorities. Conduct your own lightweight research to inform decisions.
- Create: Design Journey maps, process maps, info architecture diagrams, wireframes and high-fidelity mock-ups for your features.
- Communicate: Align stakeholders and your team around your vision and tactics. Showcase your work and rationale behind design decisions.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Product, Engineering and Operations to validate the feasibility of your work and ensure the high quality implementation.
We're looking for teammates who have:
- Experience: At least 6 years of relevant experience–preferably some of it in the business/enterprise space working on complex projects– as an individual contributor to a Product Design Team
- Portfolio: A portfolio with native and/or web projects that highlights your approach to problem solving as well as the solutions themselves. Case studies should demonstrate your skills in research, product strategy, user experience, visual design and interaction design.
- Communication: Excellent communication and storytelling skills, in writing and in speaking. Has a well defined design process.
- Teamwork: Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, Research to craft a broader product strategy. Ability to run workshops/sprints is a must.
- Experience with large scale operations Opendoor relies on the strategic deployment of people and processes to manage real estate operations at scale.
- Service Design: Familiarity with Service Design approaches.
- Systems Thinking: Familiarity with Systems Thinking approaches.
- A technical or business background: a deep understanding of business metrics, business strategy.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description