We're already in Canada and Australia, but Affirm is entering more international markets! As the International team, our goal is to bring a truly innovative and customer centric user experience to new markets. We're looking for a Senior Designer to build Affirm products across the globe. You have a breadth of product experience, including consumer and B2B work. You excel at creating clear, intuitive and delightful experiences to improve our consumers' relationship with money, and to make life easier for our merchants and servicing agents. You have a strong background in both UX and visual design, and are relentless about improving the products people love to use. This all results in a win-win-win for our users, merchants and Affirm.
You partner well with cross-functional teams to ensure cohesion across the technology and enjoy driving change for the design team and the products we build.
What you'll do:
- Solve design problems that are unique to each country we are expanding in;
- Balance coherence and consistency with the best possible experience;
- Work through complex and ambiguous situations to clarity and focus;
- Support prioritization of short to long term results-oriented work that drives impact;
- Partner closely with product management, engineering, research, content to execute delightful experiences;
- Foster an inclusive environment;
- Leverage operational rigor for design through planning, principles, and frameworks to drive alignment.
What we look for:
- 5+ years experience in UX design focused roles;
- Thoughtful approach to the craft of design informed by user needs;
- Ability to turn ambiguous direction into clear conceptual solutions solving for a user need and the business with limited direction;
- Balancing strong executional craft with shipping to learn;
- Self-sufficiency and seeking out feedback and ideas from leadership and peers;
- Ability to scope and plan projects, and accountability for artifacts and deliverables;
- Experience in working with and contributing to a design system;
- Experience with localization a plus;
- Passionate about better ways to improve personal finance through technology;
- A portfolio showing the ability to think strategically across multiple experiences, and shipping successful products in a fast-paced environment, driving user and business outcomes. (Required)
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.