Senior Product Designer, Formats at Instacart (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer who will help build and shape the way customers discover new products on Instacart. Whether it's the changing seasons or someone is looking to mix up their pantry, people are always looking to discover new food to enjoy. As Senior Product Designer on Ads Formats, you will work closely with product designers, engineers, and product managers to build out delightful and engaging ways for customers to engage with brands they love.
As a leader on the team, you'll be responsible for contributing to the strategy and vision as well as the design and execution of the design day-to-day. This includes teaching and advocating for best practices, gathering user feedback, supporting designers and developers, mentoring other designers, spearheading new initiatives, and overseeing implementation.
We need someone who loves the challenge of creating quality work within a fast-paced, ever-evolving technology startup. You know that our success hinges upon the success of the team, and you’re passionate and proactive in collaborating with your stakeholders to find the best outcome.
- 6+ years of experience in digital product design and/or service design
- 1+ years of experience working growth design, ad formats, or a similar experimentation based product
- Pride yourself on unparalleled collaboration and communication skills and you look forward to partnering with PMs, engineers, and designers to create beautiful products in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to communicate and present ideas clearly
- Reliable self-starter who can provide leadership to multiple projects with minimal oversight
- Design for the entire product process from flows to interactions at a granular level
- Embrace constructive feedback as part of the iterative design process and can clearly articulate your design decisions
- You are always willing to roll up your sleeves and chip in to help move a project forward, you like to move quickly, and drive towards impact
- Experience with motion design and animation
- Experience designing systems in Figma
- Brand design experience
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.