Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.Job Description
As a senior-level Product Designer at Square, you will lead design for our Website Editor on the Ecommerce team. This is the tool small business owners use to design and manage their website, and is a core part of their Ecommerce experience.Our mission is to bring ecommerce capabilities to all Square sellers, and help them succeed. Square Online offers a unique challenge that requires designers to solve for many products and platforms in a cross-functional role. You will work with restaurant, retail and other business types. You will report to the Ecom seller design lead.
- Oversee the design vision and execution of our website editor
- Create and collaborate on the product vision with leadership
- Work with essential design, product and engineering partners across Square
- Influence design practices team operations within a fully remote team
- Provide feedback and mentorship to other designers
- Apply domain expertise and research to keep work moving forward
- Participate in interviews and hiring
This is a remote friendly position.Qualifications
- At least (7) years of relevant professional experience
- You have a portfolio that shows work you were directly responsible for
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- Craft skills in both UX and visual design
- You create concepts and present them to your team to determine strategy and roadmaps
- You can question and work with your leadership peers and bring conversations to next steps
- You are seen as a mentor for other designers and provide feedback and find ways to improve their work
- You can use your years of experience to quickly move projects forward, using domain expertise, establishing principles, and conducting research
- You can promote the vision for the product and achieve it through design explorations, documentation, and presentations
- You can use existing design systems and standards and work to improve these systems and standards
- Expert skills in Figma
- Experience creating prototypes and user testing
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.