Senior Product Designer, Design Systems at Drift
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the role
In this role, you will help us scale and evolve Drift’s design system by collaborating with designers and engineers to understand their needs, set them up for success, and develop and document patterns and guidelines.
Our product organization is made up of dozens of small, autonomous teams who work to solve customer problems. Each team has a PM, a Product Designer, and three Engineers, and owns an entire product themselves. You will work on a small team dedicated to building out our design system and other UI focused initiatives.
What you’ll be doing at Drift:
- You’ll design and test components and patterns that enable designers and engineers to work more efficiently
- You’ll define design guidelines and write documentation around how and why patterns are used
- You’ll collaborate closely with designers and engineers and serve as a resource for building cohesive, consistent, maintainable interfaces
- You’ll help guide the execution and implementation of the design system across product teams
- You’ll help guide the launch of a public-facing design system website
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- You have experience designing and building design systems
- You have a design portfolio demonstrating samples of design system deliverables
- You have the ability to design solutions at a systematic and feature level
- You have experience designing accessible interfaces that meet accessibility standards like WCAG
- You have stellar written and verbal communication skills
- You are positive, creative, curious, and aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions
- You are able to multi-task and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done with minimal oversight
- You are detail oriented and organized
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as a “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]