Senior Product Designer - Design Systems. (NYC) at Kustomer
Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built it’s platform with intelligent automation, and a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent and personalized service to each and every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate and collaborative people who really care about what they do and the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, and have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn and be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 and are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team and be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
The Senior Product Designer, Design Systems will own our Interaction and Design System strategy, including driving a wholesale refresh of our visual experience. You will work closely with product designers and engineers to improve every facet of our UI: up-leveling our visual design language, exploring opportunities for interaction and microinteraction design patterns, driving standards of accessibility, and maintaining consistency through our design library.
The ideal candidate will be able to quickly and confidently evaluate our existing product in order to highlight opportunities for improved usability, beautiful look and feel, precise visual rhythm, and consistency. You have solid experience with evolving and maintaining design systems, component libraries, and collaborating closely with engineering partners. Organized and strategic, you know how to drive large-scale redesigns and can help a team of dedicated designers to implement high-impact design solutions throughout a complex Saas platform product. To you, accessibility is a first-principle—not an afterthought. Finally, you must have a keen eye for stunning, clean, eye-catching, and thoughtful visual language.
You'll be responsible for:
- Strategizing and driving a major overhaul of our platform’s interface/look and feel that sets us apart in the Saas platform space
- Developing an inspiring vision of the future while helping teams to make the incremental improvements to get there
- Collaborating seamlessly with other designers as well as engineers to up-level our existing design system and component library, promoting consistency, and improving processes that benefit the whole team
- Identifying key criteria to make our platform accessible, helping drive the whole team to think about accessibility first
- Setting standards for documentation and usage guidelines that make using our design system clear and intuitive
- Delivering complete, consistent results while setting a rigorous schedule for yourself and your peers
- Designing solutions that are accessible, intuitive, clean, and effective to achieve our business goals and meet the needs of users
- You have 4+ years of hands-on Product design, UXUI, IXD experience, working with well-documented design systems and highly consistent components. Experience designing for B2B software, SaaS, or work-flow management products a definite plus.
- Expertise developing reusable design patterns, maintaining a robust design system and/or library of reusable components
- Experience leading a major redesign project on a desktop product a definite plus
- Ability to manage multiple design projects simultaneously and comfortable working in rapid iteration
- A portfolio of clean, simple, beautiful designs with internal consistency and attention to detail
- You create elegant, functional designs that live up to “pixel-perfect” standards
- You think critically about the end users’ experience and you are capable of providing simple, effective solutions
- You are a problem-solver who can break down complexity into its component parts
- You can communicate your ideas and designs in a clear, concise way that creates buy-in from stakeholders
- You are deeply inquisitive, always asking questions and eager to learn more
- You collaborate effectively and openly with your peers, understanding that great ideas can come from anywhere
- You have a solid work ethic and you’re willing to put in the time to make our product great
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.