Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
Opendoor is looking for Senior Product Designers to help build the future of our consumer experience. As a designer on the Consumer Products team, you’ll have clear, measurable impact on the business— ranging from revolutionizing the home selling experience, to helping each customer find their dream home.
We appreciate designers who think deeply about people and processes, not just pixels, and love getting their hands dirty with customer research. The ideal designer for this team has experience building service-oriented consumer products.
- Ideate: Work with Product, Engineering, Research,and Operations to design and visualize the future of our end-to-end customer experience.
- Research: Partner with User Experience Research to conduct user interviews and determine common pain points, product improvements and priorities. Conduct light-weight research independently to inform design decisions.
- Create: Design information architecture diagrams, wireframes, flows, and high-fidelity mock-ups for your features.
- Communicate: Showcase your vision and rationale behind design decisions to stakeholders and your team.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Operations to validate the feasibility of your work and the ensure high-quality implementation.
- Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience as an individual contributor on an in-house product design team.
- Portfolio: A portfolio with native and/or web projects that highlights your approach to problem solving, as well as the solutions themselves. Case studies should demonstrate your skills in research, user experience, visual design, and interaction design.
- Communication: Excellent communication and storytelling skills, in writing and in speaking. Has a well-defined design process.
- Teamwork: Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, and Research to craft broader product strategy.
Bonus points if
- Mentoring: Experience guiding and mentoring other members of the Product Design team.
- Design systems: Experience building design systems collaboratively from the ground up.
- Prototyping: Strong skills using rich, interactive prototyping tools like Framer.
- Coding: Understanding of front-end frameworks like Angular and React. Front-end development skills are a plus.
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $132,000 - $240,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness
Read Full Job Description