Senior Product Designer, Consumer Experience at Finicity
All product designers should be envisioning how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and even magical.
This requires you to collaborate closely with teams of designers, engineers, and product managers throughout the design process. We bring the most value to Finicity by understanding our customer's goals, creating innovative solutions, and delivering delightful, measurable experiences that can be scaled and monetized.
As a key member of this team, you will be focused on creating a consumer-facing application where they will be able to manage all their financial data and who they are sharing it with. This team is positioned to explore, understand, and execute to create the best user experience and bring the most business value to Finicity.Responsibilities
Design. You must have a solid understanding of the product design lifecycle, and be able to:
- Effectively communicate design ideas.
- Define and articulate problems design is solving.
- Execute a myriad of design techniques to create innovative and simple solutions.
- Define and articulate what success looks like.
OwnershipYou are primarily responsible for making sure our products reduce/remove customer pain while maximizing customer enjoyment. You must provide guidance and expertise to product managers, stakeholders, development, and leadership to accomplish this.
As a Product Designer, you make important decisions about the way our product looks, feels, and behaves. You will be responsible for owning the overall experience of your product, while making sure it's cohesive with all of Finicity's products.
- Consistency You must be an advocate for consistency. Can you show demonstrable experiences where you were a champion for consistency? You must be able to contribute and work with a team of designers to follow patterns where possible, and create new experiences when needed.
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in one of the following: Design, Information Architecture, Human Computer Interaction, or equivalent project/portfolio experience.
- 4+ years experience in a related field.
- Mastery of UX and product design with extensive experience in all relevant skill areas and tools. Including facilitation and collaboration techniques to drive credibility within and outside of the organization.
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research—including rapid iterative testing, field, and remote usability testing to uncover customer insights.
- Demonstrable experience producing high-yielding results, while simultaneously helping a team to deliver the same quality of results.
- Experience with pattern libraries, repositories, and internal communication tools.
- Deep visual design expertise demonstrated through hi-fi examples.
- Experience presenting to and influencing people: designers, stakeholders, and senior management.
Please note that this role either does not qualify for sponsorship or Finicity has opted not to sponsor individuals who require sponsorship.About Finicity
Finicity, a Mastercard company, helps individuals, families, and organizations make smarter financial decisions through safe and secure access to fast, high-quality data. Our trusted and proven open banking platform empowers consumers to easily connect their financial data to the apps they choose, transforming the way we experience money for everything from budgeting and payments to investing and lending.
Through market-leading data connections, Finicity partners with influential financial institutions and disruptive fintech providers alike to give consumers a leg up in a complicated financial world, helping to improve financial literacy, expand financial inclusion, and ultimately lead to better outcomes. Finicity is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Finicity provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.