At TripActions, “It’s all about the user. All of them” We’re passionate about providing seamless and intuitive products for business travelers, travel managers, finance teams, as well as the travel agents and support teams they rely on. Our goal is to transform how people experience business travel by being the industry leader in travel.
What You’ll Do
We look for designers who have strong craft and well tuned intuition. Even more important than that, is the ability to work openly in and amongst a team. Yes, you are a great designer, but you are an even better partner and teammate.
You’ll be joining the Commerce Team at TripActions. This is a new and growing unit within our broader Traveler Experience product. You’ll be an early member of this team and work closely with Product, Engineering, Operations, and Finance to establish a vision and roadmap of impactful work that meets a variety of customer and user needs. If you love the intersection of technical financial constraints and intuitive user experiences, then you’ll fit right in.
A few things you’ll be responsible for:
- Designing and prototyping experiences from start to finish, owning all aspects of the user experience for both internal and external users - strategy, architecture, interaction design, and visual design.
- Advocating for design thinking and user-centric practices across the company that improve the customer experience of our products and services.
- Break down complex problems problem into elegant and intuitive experiences, find the right balance of flexibility, scalability and ease of use
- Contribute to product requirements alongside product managers and engineering counterparts.
Like many rapidly scaling companies, your role as a product designer will be dynamic based on the priorities and needs of the team and business. But here is a sample of some of the work you might do during the first three months in the role:
First 30 days
- Build an understanding of the TripActions product and business landscape.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering to explore, audit, and define the user experience related to commerce and payments within the TripActions product ecosystem.
- Talk to customers and end users to understand their perspective along with the existing pain points related to commerce and payments.
First 60 days
- Address the quick wins, like aligning our invoicing framework or finding ways to make invoices more dynamic and templatized.
- Partner with Product and Engineering to define a long term vision and roadmap of impactful improvements to the product area
- Facilitate research sessions, design workshops, and feedback sessions with internal and external stakeholders to drive alignment around both requirements, and future user experiences.
What you’ll bring
- 6+ years of product design experience across both mobile and web products.
- A proven track record of quality and impactful work. You have a portfolio of consumer and enterprise work that demonstrates a deep commitment to details, excellence, and impact. An added background in print is a significant plus!
- A team oriented mindset. You think the best work is done with -- and among -- a team of diverse perspectives. Almost like dancing, with everyone moving in complementary ways.
- The ability to deliver and maintain a high level of design craft. You know interactions patterns, but also understand the excellence is found in the details. You can wield your design craft knowledge and your experience in Figma (and other design tools) with ease.
- An understanding of how to deliver design work. You match the process to the project and are comfortable with both broad, loose ideas -- and small, narrowly scoped deliverables.
- A bias for action. You are self motivated and comfortable bringing definition to ambiguity and working as the first designer within a growing product area.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You know that behind every design decision is a story to be told. Yes, we use Slack, but we also Zoom and Loom often.