Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
At Calm, we’re investing heavily in our B2B initiatives, selling the Calm experience to businesses so they can provide Calm to their employees as a benefit. This is a small, year-old team and it is growing quickly: your contributions will be integral to our success. The Product Designers for the B2B team build solutions along this entire business vertical including: generating awareness, supporting sales and renewals, configuring customer accounts, rolling Calm products out to employees, driving employee engagement, and upselling additional Calm offerings.
What You'll Do:
As the B2B offering grows rapidly, applying appropriate design methodologies to match the functionality and outcomes of the projects is key. Carefully balancing quality with efficacy is intrinsic to this role.
A great fit for this role will be a strategic thought leader. You will become an expert in our users and their needs through research. You will be able to construct big picture customer journeys as well as create designs for specific features. You will design solutions that are reassuring, simple, and valuable to the user.
You will love talking to others about their work in structured and unstructured settings. A person who thinks great product and service design ideas can come from anyone in the company and has an open ear to those perspectives. At Calm we believe in making relaxation, better sleep, and mindfulness accessible to the entire world, and we hope you will help us achieve our mission.
- Demonstrated success with 5+ years in interface and user experience design at an enterprise product company.
- Executed end-to-end design initiatives for enterprise web products, from conception with stakeholders to final implementation with engineering.
- Balanced working on multiple projects at once, applying yourself to a variety of contexts in parallel.
- Included a variety of perspectives into the design process. Leveraging the diverse experience and knowledge amongst your peers to elevate your work and the end product.
- Demonstrated care and attention to detail with engineering implementation, and the ability to integrate into engineering and QA processes to ensure high-quality execution.
- It’s a plus if your previous experience includes working on a B2B2C product or service.
Who You Are:
- Using design as the primary communication tool for development and decision-making with stakeholders and your engineering and product management peers.
- Designing easy-to-use, valuable, human-centered experiences that provide value to buyers, administrators and employee end users.
- Must have experience with modern interface design tooling. We use Figma predominantly. Also, a healthy interest in learning new tools as they become viable (particularly figma beta tooling).
- Comfortable with different software development platforms and tools. We currently use JIRA and Confluence.
- Proven understanding and experience with user research, information architecture, interface design, interaction design, and prototyping.
- Design system centered approach to building experiences. You love creating modular and smart interfaces that reduce complexity and fragmentation.
- Proven track record in working closely with Product Managers to develop and refine product requirements, creating solutions, and getting buy-in from stakeholders.
- Proven track record in translating high-level, sometimes highly technical requirements into interaction flows and artifacts that support the implementation of the end user experience.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Unlimited PTO
- We pay your medical, dental, & vision insurance premiums
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Apple equipment
- Opportunity to work with a product focused on making the world happier and healthier
- And much more!
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.