Do you have a passion for designing data visualization experiences, excel at simplifying the complex, and feel excited to help shape the future of work through analytics?
Atlassian products are home to a treasure trove of data, and our mission is to unleash the potential of data for every team. We're looking for a senior product designer to join the Analytics Visualization Platform (AVP) team. This is a newly formed team, with a bold mission to craft the future of our new analytics and data visualization engine that will power insights across all our products. We are empowering customers to go beyond out-of-the-box reports and truly customize analytics to meet the needs of their organization.
You will collaborate with teams across Atlassian consisting of product managers, designers, engineers and architects to bring this vision to life. Your unique skills and toolkit will help bring empathy for our customers and drive more clarity to our decisions, processes & tools. You will be deeply involved in the entire design process from helping define vision and strategy through to final execution.
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Work to deliver an all-new analytics product to market, powered by Atlassian data
- Work end-to-end across the product design process, stretching from discovery, through execution, to measuring impact
- Develop an understanding of our users and their needs through user research, experimentation, workshopping, or sketching/visualization
- Facilitate workshops with designers, engineers, product managers and customers
- Partner closely with Product Managers, Engineering & Program Management to develop a shared vision and deliver high quality experiences to our customers
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Extensive hands-on professional experience as a UX Designer or Product Designer
- Experience working in data visualization, dashboarding, analytics or reporting, ideally in a B2B product setting
- Strong research knowledge. You can define what user research needs to be done (and you're excited to do some yourself) and use existing research findings in your work
- Strong facilitation, communication and collaboration abilities, a flexible and friendly approach to working with teams, and the attitude to always strive for the best outcomes
- The ability to communicate your design at different levels of fidelity, from paper to the final pixel
- Experience prototyping your designs
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .