It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!Job SummaryThe Senior Manager, Product Design leads a team of product designers to create best-in-class, customer-facing, digital product experiences. This position requires strong User Experience and Human Factors design expertise, business perspective, and awareness of how technology integrates to deliver a digital product. They help to design and build products that transform the way consumers pay for their purchases and retailers grow their businesses, launching features that generate measurable business impact. Demonstrating an ability to influence across the Digital Product Organization, they lead according to standards of product design excellence. They consistently model best practices and improve digital product design delivery through team leadership, cross-functional evangelization, and knowledge-sharing.Job Description
Essential Job Functions
- Manage a team of 3 or more designers on multiple business verticals providing direction, guidance, and feedback to enable your team to grow and improve their skill sets through mentorship and by example
- Elevate your team’s influence in the organization by teaching how to communicate and evangelize the value of best practices in product design
- Champion best practices and promote the team's strategy to the larger organization, offering guidance, documentation, and socialization than enables quality at scale
- Gain buy-in for strategies and solutions from stakeholders, and executives keeping them informed on status and progress of teams
- Form and nurture relationships with cross-functional peers and stakeholders, actively coordinate with them to improve a workstream's functioning/performance
- Identify new opportunities to leapfrog current business conditions or competitors
- Define project timelines, milestones, and resourcing needs across multiple teams
- Supervise and ensure the successful completion of timelines, milestones and deliverables of junior team members
- Recognize the need to escalate issues that could impact overall timelines; pooling resources and collaborating to resolve those issues
- Analyze intangibles and exercise independent judgement about the methods and techniques that will produce the best product design
- Support your team’s collaboration with engineers, QA specialists, product managers, content strategists, and UX research on product strategy and execution
- 12+ years of experience in product design
- 3+ years experience leading a team of 3 or more product designers
- Experience in management of multiple stakeholders, positive approach in collaboration across teams
- Experience working in an agile environment as part of a robust product team collaborating with product managers, engineers, QA specialists, UX writers, content strategists, and UX researchers
- Communication, persuasion, and facilitation skills; effectively follow design processes and communicate the value of design
- Excellent self-direction, can take a large, ambiguous problem, chart a course, and execute against identified deliverables
- Complex problem solving, high analytical ability
- Skills in current design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, etc
Nice to Have
- Experience as part of a high-performing remote/distributed team environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in Product Design, UX/UI, Design Thinking
- Experience working with third-party agencies, design firms or usability consultants
- Experience using and influencing design component libraries
- Experience and with accessibility standards
- Experience in Fin-Tech or Financial Services
- Experience working on both B2B and B2C products
Reports to Director, Product Design or above
Working Conditions/ Physical Requirements - Fully Remote or Hybrid, some travel may be required.
Direct Reports - 3+
About Bread Financial
At Bread Financial, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, give back to your community, and be a part of our award-winning culture. We’ve been consistently recognized as a best place to work in many markets and we’re proud to promote an environment where you feel appreciated, accepted, valued, and fulfilled—both personally and professionally. Bread Financial supports the overall wellness of our associates with a diverse suite of benefits and offers boundless opportunities for career development and non-traditional career progression.
Bread Financial (NYSE: BFH) is a tech-forward financial services company providing simple, personalized payment, lending and saving solutions. The company creates opportunities for its customers and partners through digitally enabled choices that offer ease, empowerment, financial flexibility and exceptional customer experiences. Driven by a digital-first approach, data insights and white-label technology, Bread Financial delivers growth for its partners through a comprehensive product suite, including private label and co-brand credit cards, installment lending, and buy now, pay later (BNPL). Bread Financial also offers direct-to-consumer solutions that give customers more access, choice and freedom through its branded Bread CashbackTM American Express® Credit Card and Bread SavingsTM products.
Formerly Alliance Data, Bread Financial is an S&P MidCap 400 company headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and committed to sustainable business practices powered by its 6,000+ global associates. To learn more about Bread Financial, visit BreadFinancial.com or follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
- Bread Financial offers competitive pay, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
- The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Any applicant offered employment will be required to establish that they are legally authorized to work in the United States for the Company.
- The Company participates in E-Verify.
- The Company will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act. Applicants with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
- The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended, and all applicable state/local laws. The Company will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process. Applicants with disabilities may contact the Company to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Recruiting Team at [email protected]
Disclosure of COVID-19 vaccination status will be required after acceptance of a conditional offer of employment except where prohibited by applicable law. Starting January 2022 and to the extent allowed by applicable law, the Company will require all associates who will be on-site or who will travel or interact with others in person as part of their job duties to either be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or undergo at least weekly testing. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider reasonable accommodations where required by applicable law.