Senior Manager, Product Design - Personalized Listening Experiences (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Blend to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them. We ask that our team members be physically located in Central European time or Eastern Standard/Daylight time zones for the purposes of our collaboration hours.
The Listening Experiences product area is looking for a proven senior leader to drive our design team’s vision and strategy. Although millions of listeners hit play on our playlists every day, we’re constantly reinventing the way people listen to music and podcasts. In this role, you’ll inspire the product area to think big, act fast, and keep users top of mind. The team’s impact goes beyond metrics: Our listeners love finding their next favorite artist and our creators make a living by growing their audience.
What you'll do
- Manage, coach, and develop a team of ~5 product designers to deliver career-defining work.
- Partner with Product, Tech, and Insights leads to collectively set the mission, vision and strategy for a group of ~70 people. You will help inspire this group to be healthy and high performing.
- Lead key initiatives by creating the vision and space for teams to work together. Influence these collaborations by providing clarity along the way.
- Create an environment that gives people a sense of inclusion & belonging.
- Bring user-centric thinking to technically complex problems. We craft user outcomes that are powered by machine learning models. It’s important to not to lose sight of the needs of the listener.
- Challenge status quo on creativity and quality of design work across the team.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of people management experience with designers in a fast-paced product development environment.
- You have experience hiring and developing inclusive teams. You have a passion for developing designers and their careers.
- You embrace ambiguity.
- You love communicating and storytelling. You naturally help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. You also have the ability to mentor others to deliver work, and make strategy come to life.
- You tackle opportunities that are ambiguous and vague. You do this by understanding the people involved in the project, what the project needs, and leveraging everyone’s strengths to achieve the project’s goals.
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
More Information on Spotify
Spotify operates in the Music industry. The company is located in Los Angeles, CA and New York, NY. Spotify was founded in 2006. It has 9574 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 227 open jobs at Spotify, click here.
Read Full Job Description