Senior Manager, Design at NJOY (Remote)
Sr. Manager, Design
NJOY is one of the largest independent electronic nicotine device (ENDS) companies in the U.S. and a leader in the revolution against combustible cigarettes. With a mission to Make Smoking History, adult smokers have trusted the NJOY brand to offer a range of satisfying electronic nicotine products as an alternative to combustible cigarettes since 2007. In April 2022, NJOY made history when the US Food and Drug Administration issued Marketing Granted Orders for NJOY’s ACE Device and Pods, reflecting FDA’s determination that these products are “appropriate for the protection of public health”. With that decision, NJOY became the only company independent of Big Tobacco to receive Marketing Granted Orders for their ENDS products. Exemplary of its commitment to contributing to the improvement of public health, NJOY developed the Standard Research Electronic Cigarette in exclusive partnership with the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) for use in independent, government-funded clinical studies.
At NJOY, we are adamant that our mission is at the center of everything we do – this includes hiring the right team members to continue to build this History-making company. If you want to make history while being surrounded by the best and brightest colleagues, read on to learn more about this opportunity.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management, NJOY is seeking an experienced and collaborative Sr. Manager, Design to join our team. This individual will play a key role in the creative/design process at NJOY. The Design Manager will be expected to drive strategic design solutions and manage the development of all internal and external creative/design requests.
- Design a variety of print and digital materials in partnership with various retail partners
- Iterate, develop and execute brand identity systems and brand guidelines as appropriate
- Articulate, educate and provide creative guidance on current and conceptual brand design choices that support business objectives
- Direct all phases of brand design work from concept to roll-out, including working closely with other teams to ensure successful implementation
- Develop and deliver thought leadership that contextualizes traditional graphic design principles within the context of a digital environment.
- Promote continual creative improvement and contribute to a culture of craftsmanship, excellence and accountability
- Manage the design team
- 5+ years of design/creative experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in design, or related field
- Creative Leadership
- Highly organized and structured
- Proficiency in the Adobe suite care programs: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to work within tight timelines
- Experience managing a team
- Experience designing consumer-facing products
- Agency or start-up background
Why Work for NJOY?
- You'll be working in a high energy, fast-paced environment with a best-in-class team, collaboratively driving toward our mission to Make Smoking History
- An unparalleled opportunity to make an impact
- A comprehensive and personalized orientation and 6-month onboarding program
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Commuter benefits for transit
- Competitive employee benefits including medical, dental, vision, and monthly wellness offerings
- 401k with robust employer-match
NJOY is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates. NJOY is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, uniform service member, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, NJOY complies with all applicable national, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. NJOY is an e-verify employer.