Senior Learning Experience Designer at Robinhood
Robinhood was founded on a simple idea: that our financial markets should be accessible to all. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Just as we focus on our customers, we also strive to create an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and do impactful work. We are proud of the world class products and company culture we continue to build and have been recognized as:
- A Great Place to Work
- A CNBC Disruptor 50 in 2019 and 2020
- A LinkedIn Top Startup in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
Robinhood is backed by leading investors that include DST Global, Index Ventures, NEA, Ribbit Capital, Thrive Capital, and Sequoia.
Check out life at Robinhood on The Muse!
About the team:
Our Talent Management team builds the strategy and programs that fuel our employees and leaders’ ability to deliver results while developing their careers at Robinhood. As a Senior Learning Experience Designer, you'll help define our build/buy/curate content strategy and imagine and build our Learning curriculum and programs! By partnering with teams across PeopleX, you’ll help set our Hoodies up for success in their roles and careers.What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Working directly with our Talent Management teams, leveraging a human-centered design approach, to deeply understand the learning needs of our programs including onboarding, functional learning, leadership development, and performance management
- Leveraging creativity and consultative skills to bring innovative content delivery solutions that make accessing learning and information engaging and simple for employees
- Delivering learning products that meet objectives in creative, engaging, relevant ways that are reflective of the company including (e-learning, system simulations, videos, surveys, motion graphics, wikis, etc.) and conventional deliverables (participant workbooks, facilitator guides, presentations, infographics) to meet learning objectives
- Defining and leveraging a build/buy/curate model to determine design process and approach ranging from creating a learning product from start to finish, partnering with vendors to get work done, or curating off-the-shelf content to meet learning needs
- Developing and using tools and templates to ensure consistency and timely progress on project milestones and implement new standards to improve efficiency
- Supporting an ecosystem of Designer self-service by developing and maintaining a design system for other learning designers and specialists to help final products align with TM standards
- Promoting a culture of learning by coaching and mentoring fellow LXDs on new and evolving techniques and providing frequent feedback
- Rolling up your sleeves and provide production support in Google Docs and Slides and in interactive PDFs
- Managing the scope and time needed to complete learning projects, define the process, risks and resources needed, and adapt quickly as business priorities and learning needs evolve
- Effectively strategizing, planning and managing multiple complex projects/priorities while working within project budget, resource and time parameters
- Navigating multiple tools to develop complex learning solutions
- Demonstrating a commitment to teamwork through relationship building and effective collaboration with the Talent Management team, business subject matter experts, and business partners
- Delivering exemplary internal customer service through strong professionalism and project ownership/management
- Demonstrating curiosity about learning technology and design to provide the learner fresh and relevant ways to engage
- 5+ years of demonstrated impact developing learning experiences across leadership development, broad employee education, coaching, performance management, or similar areas
- A solid understanding of how people learn, plus the creative talent and curiosity to challenge the status quo, innovate, and help re-imagine learning!
- Expertise building and scaling learning initiatives in a high-growth, rapidly adapting environment
- Experience managing external vendors for content development
- An eye for beautiful design and demonstrated ability to build content for maximum learning - the successful candidate must have the ability to design fresh and new, visually appealing layouts for media and e-learning deliverables
- Video, graphic design, interactive design experience
- Strong demonstrated proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro required
- Advanced elearning development experience with Articulate Storyline and 360 required
- Advanced skills with Google slides and slide design
- Outstanding collaboration and interpersonal skills required
- Experience designing learning tools and resources for scalable implementation across design team
- Ability to build strong relationships with peers and leaders and to influence in a variety of settings
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced, continuously evolving, and sometimes ambiguous environment required
- Portfolio of representative work required
- Advanced study in Adult Learning, Learning Design & Technology preferred
- Experience working and learning in a high growth, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS
- Video production skills, including prepping talent, script writing, post-production, editing, etc. preferred
We’re looking for more growth-minded and collaborative people to be a part of our journey in democratizing finance for all. If you’re ready to give 100% in helping us achieve our mission—we’d love to have you apply even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we're looking for people invigorated by our mission, values, and drive to change the world, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Robinhood's benefits include generous time off, 401(k) participation with employer match, comprehensive health coverage, a health savings account (HSA), wellness benefits, backup childcare and education stipends (all benefits are subject to applicable taxes and based on eligibility).