Senior Event Designer at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We're looking for a Senior Event Designer to join our diverse and vibrant internal agency. As a designer on Creative, accountability is just as meaningful as creativity. We value empowerment and, in this spirit, you'll drive projects as a strategic partner to the Events & Field Marketing team at Atlassian. Leveraging and evolving the Atlassian Design Guidelines, you'll dream up, design, and execute in-person and digital event experiences to deliver impact and delight to existing and potential customers.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Dream up, design, execute and document the visual branding and guidelines for the ever-growing events portfolio, from large digital and in-person customer events to field marketing booth experiences and everything in between.
- Work alongside the events team on the end-to-end event experience from ideation to activation including robust web/platform event experiences, marketing campaigns, motion graphics projects, environmental graphics, and event collateral.
- Push and challenge assumptions through productive debate, which ultimately leads to innovation and better experiences.
- Work collaboratively with the team to execute a collective vision on event experiences today and into the future.
- Work within existing brand guidelines while strategizing on how to expand the Events design system for the future.
More about you
- You have a minimum of five years of professional experience, with a portfolio that showcases ambitious design, conceptual problem-solving, and design systems thinking.
- You have a deep understanding and proven aptitude for design principles, processes, and the strategy that underpins them.
- You have experience bringing both in-person and virtual event experiences to life through creative, presentation design and visual narratives.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and can quickly adapt to changing deadlines and priorities.
- You demonstrate strong communication skills, confidently presenting your work with a clear rationale for your creative decisions.
- You work confidently within Illustrator, InDesign, Figma, and Keynote.
- You are experienced in partnering with third-party vendors and reading elevations for booth and signage requirements.
- You are confident in both print and digital production-ready deliverables and files.
- You have a love of not only design but also collaboration and partnering closely with stakeholders.
- You have a growth mindset and are open to receiving and soliciting feedback like a pro.
The Creative team is Atlassian's dynamic internal creative agency embedded within the marketing organization. Collectively, the team defines, articulates, and scales how millions of users experience and connect with the Atlassian brand from a multitude of dimensions. Focused on our in-person and digital event experiences, you'll be amongst the designers, illustrators, writers, and animators who combine strategy with research, creativity, and craft to shape how we're viewed by the world, online and in-person. We don't want people to just use our products and solutions, we want people to love them!
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .